VPN Killers

Anyone else getting frequent VPN killers lately?

Ever since the MMR update, I've seen a spike. As I check Steam profiles, I'm seeing I've gotten killers from Afghanistan, Israel, and France.

Comments

  • its been happening for the last few years majority of the vpn killers ive seen have been from china. I think its one of those cases where they need to implement a auto end and reque if the ping between players gets too high. The only problem is players who have a shoddy connection may never be able to play though.

  • I play against a decent amount, sucks because they can hit you on the next map and you can't do anything about it.

  • As a killer I am getting thrown into red ping lobbies quite often for some reason. I'm not using vpn.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    its been happening for the last few years majority of the vpn killers ive seen have been from china. I think its one of those cases where they need to implement a auto end and reque if the ping between players gets too high. The only problem is players who have a shoddy connection may never be able to play though.

    Would adding more server locations help?

  • I dont think so as most of the players from over there are doing it for the advantage a low ping can give a killer in the match. If dbd was a lot more popular investing in a better server infrastructure would be ideal I just dont think the game has a big enough audience to warrent it.

  • Nothings beats gettin hit 3 secs after the vault animation while killer is standing by the window,yeah i've been gettin VPNers a bit more frequently ,survs and killers alike

  • I don’t own a VPN yet half my killer games are unplayable with lag. It sucks