Call of Brine Balance Discussion
I wanted to start this discussion off with that of the time of this post A generator kicking meta is in place. Albeit I'm not Personally a fan of these perks I understand their reason for implementation; this post is to talk about one of those perks and it's balance.
"Call of Brine"; it is currently an extremely popular perk and for good reason. It's benefits is that it acts as a Major regression perk with an informative utility. My current issues with it is that it is covering 2 different roles as A perk too efficiently and should be rebalanced to a state where it can feel strong but fair.
My Idea for a rebalance is a sort of "retooling"; taking what is already in the game and moving it around to better fit different character or roles. Like "The Pig" and there perk "Surveillance" is incredibly weak compared to other information perks only letting you tell if some one is vaguely on a generator or not and if the gen you recently kicked is being repaired or not for a very brief window. Unlike "Call of Brine" which allows a steady supply of information from a generator for decent period of time (enough to almost complete another Generator) on a perk that can completely regress a Generator extremely quickly. So My idea is to swap around some of the information side of these perks around to better fit each other and their chapter.
Basically the idea is to make Gens kicked with "Surveillance" to now have a constant stream of information to the killer; While "Call of Brine" will have a brief period to tell if someone is on a Generator or not. This is so "Call of Brine" can still be a strong regression perk with minor informative tells; and so "Surveillance" can be a much stronger Standalone perk. One last minor point; I think it would be fitting to change it this way since one of "Detective Tapp"s perks (Stake Out) could be a way to counteract "Surveillance"; and considering "Tapp" came with The Saw chapter alongside "Pig" this could be fitting to have a survivor with perks to help counteract the Killer they came with.
But these are just My thoughts and suggestions; Feel free to tell me what you think about my idea's or offer some thoughts of your own ways to Balance this perk. Thank you for your time, and Have a Lovely day.
Comments
So taking the information part of Call Of Brine and putting it on Surveillance
I agree
So I'm on the same page, are you suggesting Surveillance get the exact same mechanic- that is, notifications on good skill checks? If so, I'd certainly agree with that, so long as it's still activated by kicking the generator and still has a timer.
Honestly, the increased regression speed on CoB is enough on its own, I think that perk would be incredibly viable if that's all it did. Changing its information to be much more minor would still leave it in a perfectly workable spot.
Honestly, i like the idea of giving the information of CoB to surveillance, that would be pretty cool and in theme with the perk.
I dont know if you want to remove the regressing mechanic, but it would make surveillance better if it worked like discordance, in a certain radius every time someone does a good skill check the perk activates giving you a notification.
I dont know about CoB, maybe the perk needs some restrictions. Because right now keeps the game hostage especially combined with either eruption or overcharge. I dont know if just removing the information, aka the pain res treatment is enough. Because Pain res would require the killer to progress the match, while CoB doesn't.
The information it provides is inconsistent at best, unactionable at worst. It's a perk that takes time investment from the killer and can be disabled in under a second by a survivor merely tapping a gen. That's why it's got the information bit. To make at least some aspect of it consistent.
Call of Brine is fine, the problem is when it's paired with Eruption.