Hatch should be changed

I think the current state of the hatch promotes gameplay which is unfun for both survivors and killers. Slugging is a necessity for killers when there are two survivors left, since hooking one of the two is taking a gamble on losing a 4k. For survivors, the hatch incentivizes suiciding on the hook and/or DCing if you're caught so your teammate can get out or, alternatively, hiding and letting your teammate die to get the hatch.

I can understand its role as an escape option for teams who lose badly against a killer, but getting slugged because of the hatch is incredibly boring, and hiding until your teammate dies to get the hatch is demoralizing. The hatch right now seems like a mechanic that was meant to put pressure on killers, but more often than not I've just been slugged or had teammates slugged by killers who understandably don't want to lose a 4k for no reason.

Anti-slug perks exist, but it seems silly to me to bring a perk into a game which ONLY helps if your team is getting crushed and you happen to be the one to get downed. I don't have a specific fix in mind, but I think the hatch could definitely be better balanced than it is now. Thoughts?

Comments