new engine - options

Now that BHVR went through the trouble switching the engine, I ask myself why we STILL have no graphic options.
Even if DBD would have been a console game, the graphic options with their separation into "low,medium..:" would be laughable, but on PC ........

Is it that hard to implement graphic options?

Comments

  • I second @Master here. I've played my fair share of video games and they've all had some level of graphics options. Heck, that Civilization that Mathieu seems to like so much has graphics options. Unless Dead by Daylight wants to become the laughing stock of the game awards then I strongly advise improvements to the graphics settings.

    Unless of course there is a good reason for the delay? I just find the lack of such a basic feature baffling.

  • The devs don't want to allow for too many graphical options to avoid people customizing them to have an in-game advantage. FoV, draw distance, grass, motion blur, if they could be altered, it'd give some people a serious advantage that would not come from their skill.

  • @Orion said:
    The devs don't want to allow for too many graphical options to avoid people customizing them to have an in-game advantage. FoV, draw distance, grass, motion blur, if they could be altered, it'd give some people a serious advantage that does not come from their skill.

    And yet they allow all sorts of 3rd party graphic enhancments, nvidia or that otheer program (forgot its same).
    Motion blur and brightness are the settings I miss most at the moment.

    Btw there are in every competitive game graphic options that are considered "optimal", but since not everybody wants to play competiitvely, they still give the players the option to decide for themselves.
    I cant see any reason why this shouldnt be allowed in DBD

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Master said:

    @Orion said:

    The devs don't want to allow for too many graphical options to avoid people customizing them to have an in-game advantage. FoV, draw distance, grass, motion blur, if they could be altered, it'd give some people a serious advantage that does not come from their skill.

    And yet they allow all sorts of 3rd party graphic enhancments, nvidia or that otheer program (forgot its same).

    Motion blur and brightness are the settings I miss most at the moment.

    Btw there are in every competitive game graphic options that are considered "optimal", but since not everybody wants to play competiitvely, they still give the players the option to decide for themselves.

    I cant see any reason why this shouldnt be allowed in DBD

    Those programs don't change graphical settings or visual quality. They simply improve colors to help you see better, it's the same as tweaking your screen for better colors. With graphical settings you can change a lot of game changing stuff. 

    Yes, but we dont even have options for brightness ingame (an example)
    And why are we not allowed to change game changing stuff? CSGO even allows us to use custom made crosshairs for example

  • @Master said:

    @Orion said:
    The devs don't want to allow for too many graphical options to avoid people customizing them to have an in-game advantage. FoV, draw distance, grass, motion blur, if they could be altered, it'd give some people a serious advantage that does not come from their skill.

    And yet they allow all sorts of 3rd party graphic enhancments, nvidia or that otheer program (forgot its same).
    Motion blur and brightness are the settings I miss most at the moment.

    Btw there are in every competitive game graphic options that are considered "optimal", but since not everybody wants to play competiitvely, they still give the players the option to decide for themselves.
    I cant see any reason why this shouldnt be allowed in DBD

    I'm not arguing for either side, I'm just giving you the devs' opinion on this issue.