Is this an exploit?

Hey all,

I just finished a match where an Ash was actively healing someone right under my nose, and I had to spam the basic ability to button to get a hit finally; it took many tries. Then the same thing with the same player when they were at the exit gate. Is there some exploit that makes survivors hard to hit when crouching? I've been playing the game for 455hrs and haven't run into anything like this before.

Thanks!

Comments

  • Not an exploit no, but I'll give an explanation. Please forgive the artistic liberty taken, I cannot draw to save my life.

    Basically, Survivor hitboxes are little capsules that do not change regardless of what a survivor is doing, except from in height when crouching or on a generator (and even then that never used to happen, meaning Huntress got some very easy shots).

    Therefore, when a Survivor is standing upright, it looks like this:

    image.png

    But when they're running, the hitbox doesn't change, so it looks a lot like this (which leads to really weird looking hits, especially against ranged killers):

    image.png

    So therefore, when they're healing someone, it looks like this:

    image.png

    As you can see, the hitbox doesn't change even though the model is clearly not within it.

    My advice is to aim for their ass. That never leaves the capsule, so aiming roughly there should get you right in the capsule, instead of trying to aim for their body that definitely isn't within the hitbox.