Wesker's numbers are not matching

Hello everyone

I was testing wesker's passive infection rate add-on, so I went to the wiki to analyse the numbers. There it says that it requires 100 charges to fully infect and it charges in a 0.8c/s rate (125 seconds for full infection). Going with this data, I assumed that the add-on would buff the c/s to 0.8 + 30%, which is 1.04c/s, therefore fully infecting in 96 seconds.

After testing in game, I realized that nothing is matching. The real time to fully infect is 80 seconds, with the add-on is 55 seconds. this means that the add-on gives +45% of passive infection rate. Moreover, the base kit passive infection rate must be 1.25c/s, or the amount of charges required is 80, or both are wrong.

The only explanation I could think of for the add-on is that instead of increasing the passive infection rate by 30% (as the description says), it *reduces the time it takes to fully infect* by 30%, this way the numbers match.

For the wiki data, I'm certain that they didn't update it or got the wrong values. If someone has the right ones please share :)


UPDATE:

considering the "grab infection" as +20 charges (the value in wiki), we can assume that the rate is 1c/s and the amount required is 80 charges.

prove: the time it takes without the grab bonus is 80 seconds. the time with the grab bonus is 60 seconds. doing the math, we get c/s = 1, so total charges are 80.

But again, the wiki's data might may be wrong lol

Comments

  • Out of curiosity, you factored in the infection from when you get bound correct?

  • If you haven't yet, try using the Iridescent Uroboros Vial so that the survivors start the trial with the infection at 0 charges and determine what the infection rate is that way. I believe hitting a survivor with Virulent Bound automatically adds more infection as the wiki states that survivors will have an initial infection level of 20 charges.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    Out of curiosity, you factored in the infection from when you get bound correct?

    yes. I counted the seconds after the unhooking, because it goes back to 50% of infection. 40 seconds for 50%, so 80 for total

  • @Remedicist said:

    If you haven't yet, try using the Iridescent Uroboros Vial so that the survivors start the trial with the infection at 0 charges and determine what the infection rate is that way. I believe hitting a survivor with Virulent Bound automatically adds more infection as the wiki states that survivors will have an initial infection level of 20 charges.

    I did that while using the passive buff add-on. It took 55 seconds

  • @danielkh300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3282026#Comment_3282026

    I did that while using the passive buff add-on. It took 55 seconds

    Very interesting. Regardless, that's neat to know for the future. Thank you!

  • I went into a bot match and clocked a Kate at around 66 seconds until she was fully infected after me grabbing her. That doesn't work with your numbers either.

    I don't believe the wiki has the wrong numbers as such, they datamine their stuff. If anything, it's possible that the game considers other factors still when it comes to infection.

  • @Alionis said:

    I went into a bot match and clocked a Kate at around 66 seconds until she was fully infected after me grabbing her. That doesn't work with your numbers either.

    I don't believe the wiki has the wrong numbers as such, they datamine their stuff. If anything, it's possible that the game considers other factors still when it comes to infection.

    Did you grab her? if so, you applied +20 charges, therefore taking 60 seconds to infect. You also probably started the timer a little bit earlier