Wildly different experiences

I saw a post earlier that got me thinking.

@Aven_Fallen said:

I am very sure that your Chases are not that short when 3 Gens pop.

But this is a common thing in the DBD-Community - Killers ALWAYS end Chases in under 30 seconds and still lose and Survivors ALWAYS get chased for 5+ minutes and still lose. And both obviously say the truth, because it is on the internet. /s

These two situations are not mutually exclusive. Both can and do happen. When it comes to things like chase time and gens, there's plenty of room for exaggeration, misremembering or lies. But when I put out a spreadsheet a while back documenting my kill rates and things, I also posted the killer play data that I saw. Out of all my hundred someodd games, I'd seen next to no hags, yet some people in the comments see Hag regularly. Some people see Wesker every day, some hardly see him at all. There was a day recently, 8 of the 11 games I played, the killer brought a mori. That's a huge proportion. But it happens. We have all these people talking about their experiences that some of us never see. Had a killer game today where 3 people dced. I hadn't seen that happen before, but I could imagine some person having that happen regularly and it ruining their experience, hence the numerous threads about DCing. Some people see cheaters all the time, I've only seen one across 1500 hours. So, just because it differs from what normally happens to you, doesn't mean someone elses experiences aren't valid.

Comments

  • I mean they're all anecdata right? When I feel like the chase lasted too long I simply watch my replay and realize ok, it didn't last that long (now I can measure it) but it did feel like it. And chases are more likely to take long at the start of the game when there are so many resources around. Certain days can follow certain trends, I think one time I had like 5 afk killers in one single day but I was probably playing during night time.