Reporting players PSA

Apparently if you have significant video evidence and screenshots with links to the users profiles, Behaviour will ignore your report because you did not report in-game.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • What's the issue?

    Here's a good example of why they do this

    John is a lovely player, he plays fairly but he morid Dave whos having a bad day and wants to punish the innocent.

    Dave has a recording of someone hacking and submits that while linking to Johns profile
    "This person was hacking I want them banned"

    Do you think the devs should just go out and ban this person, or should their maybe be safety guards in place to guarantee the person in the video is indeed the person being reported?

    :think:

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    What's the issue?

    Here's a good example of why they do this

    John is a lovely player, he plays fairly but he morid Dave whos having a bad day and wants to punish the innocent.

    Dave has a recording of someone hacking and submits that while linking to Johns profile
    "This person was hacking I want them banned"

    Do you think the devs should just go out and ban this person, or should their maybe be safety guards in place to guarantee the person in the video is indeed the person being reported?

    :think:

    I have him in spectator mode with his name label by the game itself and it was clearly him because he was the last one left alive so your logic is nullified.

  • @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    What's the issue?

    Here's a good example of why they do this

    John is a lovely player, he plays fairly but he morid Dave whos having a bad day and wants to punish the innocent.

    Dave has a recording of someone hacking and submits that while linking to Johns profile
    "This person was hacking I want them banned"

    Do you think the devs should just go out and ban this person, or should their maybe be safety guards in place to guarantee the person in the video is indeed the person being reported?

    :think:

    I have him in spectator mode with his name label by the game itself and it was clearly him because he was the last one left alive so your logic is nullified.

    I can change my name on steam to anything, you could just as easily go into KYF and fake everything to get someone banned if I wanted too.

    They have to be able to tie the match to the report, it's not hard to understand that.

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    What's the issue?

    Here's a good example of why they do this

    John is a lovely player, he plays fairly but he morid Dave whos having a bad day and wants to punish the innocent.

    Dave has a recording of someone hacking and submits that while linking to Johns profile
    "This person was hacking I want them banned"

    Do you think the devs should just go out and ban this person, or should their maybe be safety guards in place to guarantee the person in the video is indeed the person being reported?

    :think:

    I have him in spectator mode with his name label by the game itself and it was clearly him because he was the last one left alive so your logic is nullified.

    I can change my name on steam to anything, you could just as easily go into KYF and fake everything to get someone banned if I wanted too.

    They have to be able to tie the match to the report, it's not hard to understand that.

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

  • @βLAKE said:

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

    You can't change SteamIDs but theres no proof that the steam ID you provided is of the offender or someone else.

    and who cares about the streamer? It still isn't proof the account you're providing is the person you're reporting, how don't you understand that?

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

    You can't change SteamIDs but theres no proof that the steam ID you provided is of the offender or someone else.

    and who cares about the streamer? It still isn't proof the account you're providing is the person you're reporting, how don't you understand that?

    Smh. How can a person be live editing their information as it happens? The steamID is directly linked to the person that was shown on video (also i'm looking at it right now and he hasn't changed profiles whatsoever), I also have him on my recent players. Like I have so many points of contact with the persons involved that its digitally impossible to avoid. How can you say who cares about the streamer, IF THEY ARE THE PERSON BEING REPORTED. Jesus, don't even bother commenting back to this post especially when you comment so many ridiculous claims and at this point im not sure if you're just trolling or just really stupid.

  • @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

    You can't change SteamIDs but theres no proof that the steam ID you provided is of the offender or someone else.

    and who cares about the streamer? It still isn't proof the account you're providing is the person you're reporting, how don't you understand that?

    Smh. How can a person be live editing their information as it happens? The steamID is directly linked to the person that was shown on video (also i'm looking at it right now and he hasn't changed profiles whatsoever), I also have him on my recent players. Like I have so many points of contact with the persons involved that its digitally impossible to avoid. How can you say who cares about the streamer, IF THEY ARE THE PERSON BEING REPORTED. Jesus, don't even bother commenting back to this post especially when you comment so many ridiculous claims and at this point im not sure if you're just trolling or just really stupid.

    Ohhhh, you expected me to be psychic and know you're reporting the streamer, good job you pointed out my stupidity on not knowing the things you didn't explain, thanks!

    Ahh yes, I'm well known for my ridiculous claims of telling people to play better.

    Next time you'll know to report in game so they can do something about it :)

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

    You can't change SteamIDs but theres no proof that the steam ID you provided is of the offender or someone else.

    and who cares about the streamer? It still isn't proof the account you're providing is the person you're reporting, how don't you understand that?

    Smh. How can a person be live editing their information as it happens? The steamID is directly linked to the person that was shown on video (also i'm looking at it right now and he hasn't changed profiles whatsoever), I also have him on my recent players. Like I have so many points of contact with the persons involved that its digitally impossible to avoid. How can you say who cares about the streamer, IF THEY ARE THE PERSON BEING REPORTED. Jesus, don't even bother commenting back to this post especially when you comment so many ridiculous claims and at this point im not sure if you're just trolling or just really stupid.

    Ohhhh, you expected me to be psychic and know you're reporting the streamer, good job you pointed out my stupidity on not knowing the things you didn't explain, thanks!

    Ahh yes, I'm well known for my ridiculous claims of telling people to play better.

    Next time you'll know to report in game so they can do something about it :)

    I didn't expect you to be psychic, I expect you to read, think carefully before you respond to somebody and fyi, I did try to report in-game, but like many bugs that infest this game, I encountered a bug in which the game kicked me out of the result screen while I was typing in the post chat log.

  • βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    Highly doubt it because multiple SteamID's were given and you can't alter that unless you make another account. Also, other parties were involved including a Twitch streamer and I also doubt that the streamer would delete the VOD (if he was streaming) and also changing his Twitch account just to avoid a potential ban.

    You can't change SteamIDs but theres no proof that the steam ID you provided is of the offender or someone else.

    and who cares about the streamer? It still isn't proof the account you're providing is the person you're reporting, how don't you understand that?

    Smh. How can a person be live editing their information as it happens? The steamID is directly linked to the person that was shown on video (also i'm looking at it right now and he hasn't changed profiles whatsoever), I also have him on my recent players. Like I have so many points of contact with the persons involved that its digitally impossible to avoid. How can you say who cares about the streamer, IF THEY ARE THE PERSON BEING REPORTED. Jesus, don't even bother commenting back to this post especially when you comment so many ridiculous claims and at this point im not sure if you're just trolling or just really stupid.

    Ohhhh, you expected me to be psychic and know you're reporting the streamer, good job you pointed out my stupidity on not knowing the things you didn't explain, thanks!

    Ahh yes, I'm well known for my ridiculous claims of telling people to play better.

    Next time you'll know to report in game so they can do something about it :)

    I didn't expect you to be psychic, I expect you to read, think carefully before you respond to somebody and fyi, I did try to report in-game, but like many bugs that infest this game, I encountered a bug in which the game kicked me out of the result screen while I was typing in the post chat log.


  • @βLAKE said:

    I didn't expect you to be psychic, I expect you to read, think carefully before you respond to somebody and fyi, I did try to report in-game, but like many bugs that infest this game, I encountered a bug in which the game kicked me out of the result screen while I was typing in the post chat log.

    Expects me to think while also thinking that devs should ban willy nilly without being able to tie the person to a match.

    The procedure is set in place for a reason and shouldn't be sidestepped for any reason tbh, that's how innocen gamers get banned.

  • @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    I didn't expect you to be psychic, I expect you to read, think carefully before you respond to somebody and fyi, I did try to report in-game, but like many bugs that infest this game, I encountered a bug in which the game kicked me out of the result screen while I was typing in the post chat log.

    Expects me to think while also thinking that devs should ban willy nilly without being able to tie the person to a match.

    The procedure is set in place for a reason and shouldn't be sidestepped for any reason tbh, that's how innocen gamers get banned.

    oh lord, I tell you to think before you comment and then you post this. I'm done.

    Title should be PSA: I don't know how to report people but will complain about it anyway

  • That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

  • Peanits said:

    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Do you guys get the reports from console too or are those not received? I've heard reporting does nothing 
  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Peanits said:

    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Do you guys get the reports from console too or are those not received? I've heard reporting does nothing 

    We do, the reports are logged with all of the same information as PC reports. But unfortunately there is not yet a ban system in place for the console version of the game. We're hoping to have it up and running soon.

  • Peanits said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Peanits said:

    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Do you guys get the reports from console too or are those not received? I've heard reporting does nothing 

    We do, the reports are logged with all of the same information as PC reports. But unfortunately there is not yet a ban system in place for the console version of the game. We're hoping to have it up and running soon.

    That's good to hear, I've sent out some reports before but I didnt know if they would work. Thanks for the reply!!!
  • @Peanits said:
    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Is there any kind of feedback to reporting guilty players? If not, it would remind people to report if they knew that their reports matter. Even a simple "A player you reported has been banned" or something along those lines.

  • Good job, OP, you made me Vote Up SenzuDuck with all your nonsense.

  • @PolarBear said:

    @Peanits said:
    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Is there any kind of feedback to reporting guilty players? If not, it would remind people to report if they knew that their reports matter. Even a simple "A player you reported has been banned" or something along those lines.

    Unfortunately no. It would be nice, but we receive a lot of reports and there's a fairly small team of us going through them. If we were to follow up on each report to let someone know when the user they reported was banned, we would quickly start to fall behind on reports. If we don't have the information we need, we would be sure to ask if you have it available. Otherwise, if you provided the information we needed, there's a very good chance that your report was successful.

  • @Peanits said:
    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Like I said in previous posts, you can't fake the account because the SteamID links are connected to the account regardless of the name change.

    --EDIT--
    Also, my so called, "friend" can't fake a persons twitch account and live stream on Twitch on his behalf. (This is assuming I was playing under SWF group, which I wasn't)

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @βLAKE said:

    I didn't expect you to be psychic, I expect you to read, think carefully before you respond to somebody and fyi, I did try to report in-game, but like many bugs that infest this game, I encountered a bug in which the game kicked me out of the result screen while I was typing in the post chat log.

    Expects me to think while also thinking that devs should ban willy nilly without being able to tie the person to a match.

    The procedure is set in place for a reason and shouldn't be sidestepped for any reason tbh, that's how innocen gamers get banned.

    oh lord, I tell you to think before you comment and then you post this. I'm done.

    Title should be PSA: I don't know how to report people but will complain about it anyway

    Thanks for not reading my earlier posts before commenting that absurd allegation. (I have to be careful of what I say to other users on this forum that make absurd comments like yours because I am limited in what I say or else I will get suspended for the littlest thing)

  • @Orion said:
    Good job, OP, you made me Vote Up SenzuDuck with all your nonsense.

    No problem. I'm glad you voted up his false allegations.:D

  • @βLAKE said:

    @Peanits said:
    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Like I said in previous posts, you can't fake the account because the SteamID links are connected to the account regardless of the name change.

    Yes, but how do we know that the ID you're giving us is the ID of the person in the video? Even if you record yourself opening their profile, it is incredibly easy to edit it to whoever's ID that you want to frame. Again, not accusing you of doing that, but there are some people out there who will (and have tried already, unsuccessfully). We cannot take that risk and accidentally ban the wrong person. Taking a couple seconds to make an in-game report guarantees that we have the right person.

  • @Peanits said:

    @βLAKE said:

    @Peanits said:
    That's exactly right, we would. This is because an in-game report is the only way we can verify that the profile you have provided us is the person in the video.

    Say you really hate me, and you want me to get banned. So you get your buddy to change their name to be the same as mine, you queue up until you end up in the same lobby as each other, and then you tell him to break some rules and say some really horrible stuff in the chat. Then you record that, do a little editing, make it look like you're opening up my profile, and then send that report in.

    Now if we took stuff like that at face value, we could end up banning innocent people. That's not to say that you specifically would do that, but there are some people out there who would. Some people can hold a mean grudge, and others will do it just for kicks.

    In-game reports remove any doubt of who's who. You can't report the wrong guy and then edit a video together later because they IDs won't match up. I would much rather turn down a couple reports and ask the reporters to remember to report in-game as well in the future than accidentally ban someone for no reason.

    In short, yes, we will turn it down, we are not going to run the risk of banning the wrong person. The ticket is for additional information, not as a replacement to an in-game report.

    Like I said in previous posts, you can't fake the account because the SteamID links are connected to the account regardless of the name change.

    Yes, but how do we know that the ID you're giving us is the ID of the person in the video? Even if you record yourself opening their profile, it is incredibly easy to edit it to whoever's ID that you want to frame. Again, not accusing you of doing that, but there are some people out there who will (and have tried already, unsuccessfully). We cannot take that risk and accidentally ban the wrong person. Taking a couple seconds to make an in-game report guarantees that we have the right person.

    Did these people record using NVIDIA DIRECT capture or did they record using a different recording software. (P.S. I edited my last post to let you know that the person was a twitch streamer and there is no way you can falsely live stream the person on their behalf when streaming on twitch)

  • I'm just gonna say after going circles and circles in this topic discussion and I gotta say that this is simply just a PSA. My opinion on this matter hasn't changed. It sucks that a person can live stream themselves working with the killer and not get any action taken against them nor did any of my substantial evidence proved to be worth anything because of a simply bug kicking me out of the result screen before I could file an in-game report. I don't care if people think it was fake or edited, the evidence that I had against this person was more than enough on both ends of his and mine and I am truly disappointed in how nothing could be done because of a simple bug that was out of my control. I hope someone could read this PSA and remember to always report in-game immediately entering the result screen before they get kicked out and nothing could be done about it.

    I AM DONE.

  • @βLAKE said:

    @Orion said:
    Good job, OP, you made me Vote Up SenzuDuck with all your nonsense.

    No problem. I'm glad you voted up his false allegations.:D

    I voted up his very clear (and right) points that the devs need a fool-proof way of tying your report to an actual, in-game event.