Calm Spirit and Technician

Why do these perks have penalties? please someone explain that to me

Comments

  • I guess they thought those perks would be OP if they didn't get those penalties? Otherwise, maybe it was just done out of random choice?

    But this is exactly what I mean when I'm talking about killer perks/add-ons having penalties. These nonsense penalties are just a normal thing killers have to deal with in their perk/add-on selection. "You can't teleport with Hag, but her traps slow survivors down a little bit." and stuff like that.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I guess they thought those perks would be OP if they didn't get those penalties? Otherwise, maybe it was just done out of random choice?

    But this is exactly what I mean when I'm talking about killer perks/add-ons having penalties. These nonsense penalties are just a normal thing killers have to deal with in their perk/add-on selection. "You can't teleport with Hag, but her traps slow survivors down a little bit." and stuff like that.

    Their reasoning for adding a penalty to calm spirit is "reduces the Action speeds of those interactions in exchange for the suppressed noises."

    I never understood addons that remove the ability to use your teleport as the Hag or Bubba's addons that makes your chainsaw slower or Matchbox iridescent that removes a blink charge in exchange for a small bit of movement speed for the Nurse. There so many addons for killers that just doesn't make any sense to me.

  • Idk, two bad perks which become even more garbage because of the penalty

  • With calm spirit, I suppose the devs thought it would be 'too strong' for calm spirit to cleanse totems quietly so they needed to add the speed restriction. Which is nonsense, they literally nerfed a weak perk and disguise it as a buff.

    Technician should be merged with Jonah's corrective action so at least one perk can prevent yours and your teammates missed skill checks from blowing the gen.

  • I hope they remove the penalties at some point. They aren't stronger than the meta perks even with the penalties removed. Stronger perk variety is always great in my book.

  • @BillsHere101 said:

    Why do these perks have penalties? please someone explain that to me

    Because otherwise killer mains will complaint about OP survivor perks