NOED Rework Idea--Opinions?

So if you've seen me around you'd know I play both Killer and Survivor so my idea is based around functionality and fairness for both parties. I know Survivors hate this because they suck or they feel robbed, and Killers hate that it's a totem and can be deactivated before use or the totem can be right next to the damn Exit.

So here we go---The cries of pain from Survivors intensifies your thrill for the kill,
for every hooked Survivor prior to the last Generator being completed gain a token with a maximum of 4/6/9 tokens
You no longer receive tokens once the 5th Generator is completed
1-4 Hooks--Gain a 4% movement speed
5-6 Hooks--Every Survivor is Exposed once
7-9 Hooks---Survivors can be killed in the dying state

Now to explain some things in detail, tokens are gained every time you hook a Survivor but you don't gain the ability until the last Gen is completed. I've done some figures and my hooks correspond to how well and how bad you've been playing all game. 1-4 hooks is either 1 kill or everyone is hooked once, you only gain a speed boost. 5-6 is either 2 people dead or 2 Survivors hooked twice and 2 hooked once, you get the speed and Exposed once as in you get hit then you are no longer exposed and if you manage to get saved or not hooked and heal then you still need 2 hits to go down.
7-9 hooks is either 3 people dead or 1 person dead and everyone else is on their 3rd hook so they're dead on hook, because they are already dead on hook I think it is ok to allow you to Mori them.

Now getting 9 hooks and the Exits are powered, everyone is dead on hook and that Killer earned those Exposed effects and the Moris, the counter to this is being a good Survivor, Gen rush, not getting caught, being sneaky, etc. So if you have a good team then the Killer won't get all 9 hooks. Hell if you have a bad team then you'll all die before the last Gen and this perk is wasted, if you have a good team and he doesn't get enough hooks you're fine, but on the chance you still did good but the Killer got all the hooks then you're dead.

This should not be a totem because it corresponds to how well the Killer plays, it's not sacrifices, it's not unhooks it's just hooks, if you have an overly altruistic team who is constantly getting hooked that is the Survivors fault, THEY make this perk powerful. But if you feel this should still be a totem then that's fine because then the old rules still apply and one totem still standing becomes this totem but I don't think this should be the case. Yes it is a powerful perk but it relies solely on the skill of the Killer and Survivors and by the time the exits are open they're all dead anyway if the Killer got 9 hooks, this just makes it easier.

So what do you guys think? I love this perk but everyone complains about it so why not make it something earned that requires skill instead of something that rewards a bad game.

Comments

  • u know I'd think I'd rather deal with noed how it is now
  • @artist said:
    u know I'd think I'd rather deal with noed how it is now

    Too complicated? I know it's got more work in it but this has Moris as well and you work for it which rewards what you have done so far. I mean love NOED as it is, I just hate the totem and Survivors cry for a rework so this my attempt to be ''fair''.

  • I really like the idea but the main argument to this is Devour Hope exist. Although with this perk there's the risk of since every survivor is exposed once if you don't deal with them there and slug them for example they could potentially get back up and not be exposed anymore and get out due to a full heal.

    I don't think this would need to be a totem because your plan is to let the 5th gen be complete to even use this perk while Devour Hope you could potentially use it before a set number of generators are done. The main question to this is do you continue to gain tokens after the gates are powered? I feel like if that answer was a no this perk could easily be taken off of totems.

  • What even is breaking totems? It doesn't take long, for the most part they extremely easy and obvious to find. Even easier on some maps over others I.E. Auto Haven and Cold Wind are the worst for totems.

    It is a crutch perk that killers that cannot get a kill before generators are done need to use. I expect its use on very new killers, but as they get better, it becomes a liability and stunts player growth. Survivors complain, but it really is as simple as it sounds to get rid of. Especially with the amount of SWF groups running around, if they fall to it, then it's on them.

    The buff to levels 1 and 2 of NOED was really not needed, but what can you do at this point.

  • @Dustin said:
    I really like the idea but the main argument to this is Devour Hope exist. Although with this perk there's the risk of since every survivor is exposed once if you don't deal with them there and slug them for example they could potentially get back up and not be exposed anymore and get out due to a full heal.

    I don't think this would need to be a totem because your plan is to let the 5th gen be complete to even use this perk while Devour Hope you could potentially use it before a set number of generators are done. The main question to this is do you continue to gain tokens after the gates are powered? I feel like if that answer was a no this perk could easily be taken off of totems.

    Devour Hope needs 5 unhooks with a proximity, the full power of this is 9 hooks so this requires more work for what Devour also provides. And no once the last Gen is completed whatever hooks you got is locked in and you no longer receive tokens.

  • @HatCreature said:

    Devour Hope needs 5 unhooks with a proximity, the full power of this is 9 hooks so this requires more work for what Devour also provides. And no once the last Gen is completed whatever hooks you got is locked in and you no longer receive tokens.

    Alright thanks for clarifying. I could definitely get behind the idea of NOED's effects being based on performance before 5 gens pop. Personally I'd probably add something else aside from movement speed but I like the idea of being exposed once instead of having a timer or risking the totem being destroyed.

  • Ok but survivors have to get 3 unhooks each to earn decisive strike.
  • I think NOED is fine.
    People just complain about it, because they die because this perk.
    And they flaming the killer for it.
    Because the survivors doesnt clean all totems.
    Maybe NOED doesnt need a rework.
    Maybe the people must understand what is "balance".
    Many people forget it by DbD, because in the past, survivors was soooo easy to play.
    And now they lose the power.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Ok but survivors have to get 3 unhooks each to earn decisive strike.

    I don't use it but I think having 1 safe unhook is a good idea, earn that escape just like you earn Deliverance.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Ok but survivors have to get 3 unhooks each to earn decisive strike.

    I don't use it but I think having 1 safe unhook is a good idea, earn that escape just like you earn Deliverance.

    No, DS is still overpowered.

    NOED can go when all the survivors BS stuff goes. Right now as much as I hate Noed, it is the counter to all of survivors op bs.