Nurse is a problem.

Yes, another post about how broken nurse is. Because how can devs think she's justified when EVERY (And I mean every) round I play against her leads to at-least 2 first hook suicides or DC's and no more than 2 gens being completed max when people don't leave immediately and actually try. She's unplayable in her current state and needs work, why won't devs listen to people? And why do they think she's balanced when her kill rate is only low because likely 60-70% of her rounds have DC's so aren't included? Anyone can master her and garuntee a 3k-4k after a few hours of playing her, especially with broken perks like eruption.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3275660#Comment_3275660

    Other than DC's on death hook (non-impactful DC's) I don't think 60% of my games have DC's in them.

    Well, lucky you I guess

  • And yet... despite all the suicides... she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    Let that sink in.

  • @Tsulan said:

    And yet... despite all the suicides... she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    Let that sink in.

    I don't know exactly what you're getting at, but DCs are not counted in her killrate, and I don't even know if the games in which a DC occurs are counted or not.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276079#Comment_3276079

    I don't know exactly what you're getting at, but DCs are not counted in her killrate, and I don't even know if the games in which a DC occurs are counted or not.

    Could you underline where i said DCs?

  • @Roaroftime said:

    Yes, another post about how broken nurse is. Because how can devs think she's justified when EVERY (And I mean every) round I play against her leads to at-least 2 first hook suicides or DC's and no more than 2 gens being completed max when people don't leave immediately and actually try. She's unplayable in her current state and needs work, why won't devs listen to people? And why do they think she's balanced when her kill rate is only low because likely 60-70% of her rounds have DC's so aren't included? Anyone can master her and garuntee a 3k-4k after a few hours of playing her, especially with broken perks like eruption.

    Hook suicides and DCs? Sounds like a survivor morale issue, not a nurse one. But seriously, I play nurse pretty frequently and the last time I recall seeing a suicide or DC was at least 2 months ago. Also inflating stats and straight up lying doesn't assist your argument positively in any way whatsoever.

  • @furret534 said:

    I believe the main reason is that it’d most likely take a full character rework to balance her. I personally believe she’s fine base, her add ons are just too powerful for an already powerful ability.

    This^ and because you need to be good, it's not an easy killer to play, it's not easy to evaluate your teleport distance.

    Also, one of the way to counter the nurse is just to go in her initial direction so she will attack behind you.

  • My bad, I I read too fast 🤣

    So, what did you mean when you talked about suicides and its killrate?

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276100#Comment_3276100

    My bad, I I read too fast 🤣

    So, what did you mean when you talked about suicides and its killrate?

    No problem 😋

    What i mean is that suicides do count towards kill rates. So all the survivors that suicide on first hook at 5 gens are not only dooming their teammates, but also inflating her kill rate. But despite that, she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    Means she isn´t as unbeatable as everyone claims.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276174#Comment_3276174

    No problem 😋

    What i mean is that suicides do count towards kill rates. So all the survivors that suicide on first hook at 5 gens are not only dooming their teammates, but also inflating her kill rate. But despite that, she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    Means she isn´t as unbeatable as everyone claims.

    I think it's reasonable to say that a survivor who commits suicide at 5 gens is a survivor who doesn't know how to deal with a nurse effectively.

    Chances are, in the end, he's going to die, no matter what.

    EVEN IF, indeed, he could have escaped "by chance", quite.

    Yes, the suicides probably increase her killrate, but not drastically, I think.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276200#Comment_3276200

    I think it's reasonable to say that a survivor who commits suicide at 5 gens is a survivor who doesn't know how to deal with a nurse effectively.

    Chances are, in the end, he's going to die, no matter what.

    EVEN IF, indeed, he could have escaped "by chance", quite.

    Yes, the suicides probably increase her killrate, but not drastically, I think.

    And that is because there is no way to deal with nurse, she ignores all counter mechanics in the game i.e., pallets and vaults and even holding W

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276239#Comment_3276239

    And that is because there is no way to deal with nurse, she ignores all counter mechanics in the game i.e., pallets and vaults and even holding W

    Yes, of course there are ways to deal with the nurse; but that was not the point.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276366#Comment_3276366

    Yes, of course there are ways to deal with the nurse; but that was not the point.

    Mind elaborating and spare us the "line of sight blockers" excuse they increase a chase against nurse by 5 seconds max

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276380#Comment_3276380

    Mind elaborating and spare us the "line of sight blockers" excuse they increase a chase against nurse by 5 seconds max

    Mindgames work pretty well against her. Running in circles or just holding w doesn´t work against her.

    Its not that its impossible to run against her, its just that the "normal" tactics are so ingrained into some peoples heads, that changing a working tactic against every other killer looks impossible, when it actually isn´t really that hard.

    May i suggest you just try playing her? She´s free, so everyone can try her and see where her weakness is. The breaking line of sight is her biggest weakness, because shes forced to count the floor tiles.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276200#Comment_3276200

    I think it's reasonable to say that a survivor who commits suicide at 5 gens is a survivor who doesn't know how to deal with a nurse effectively.

    Chances are, in the end, he's going to die, no matter what.

    EVEN IF, indeed, he could have escaped "by chance", quite.

    Yes, the suicides probably increase her killrate, but not drastically, I think.

    Oh i don´t doubt that. BUT the same survivor could buy the rest of the team 2 hook stages and a minute of extra gen time. Which could make all the difference for the others.

    Suiciding at 5 gens makes it almost impossible to recover for the other 3 survivors. Just like against every other killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276239#Comment_3276239

    Oh i don´t doubt that. BUT the same survivor could buy the rest of the team 2 hook stages and a minute of extra gen time. Which could make all the difference for the others.

    Suiciding at 5 gens makes it almost impossible to recover for the other 3 survivors. Just like against every other killer.

    "Suiciding at 5 gens makes it almost impossible to recover for the other 3 survivors. Just like against every other killer."

    Completely! That's why I was wondering if the games in which there is a DC are counted for the killrate of the killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276387#Comment_3276387

    Mindgames work pretty well against her. Running in circles or just holding w doesn´t work against her.

    Its not that its impossible to run against her, its just that the "normal" tactics are so ingrained into some peoples heads, that changing a working tactic against every other killer looks impossible, when it actually isn´t really that hard.

    May i suggest you just try playing her? She´s free, so everyone can try her and see where her weakness is. The breaking line of sight is her biggest weakness, because shes forced to count the floor tiles.

    I play her when I'm fed up of being bullied on killer by SWF's and want an easy 3k-4k easily. She cannot be countered by "mind games" they'll get you an extra 3 seconds max before she just teleports to your new location.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276380#Comment_3276380

    Mind elaborating and spare us the "line of sight blockers" excuse they increase a chase against nurse by 5 seconds max

    Concerning the theoretical aspect, it's a mix of several things, which have been detailed and explained several times on this forum.

    However, for the practical aspect, I refer, for example, to the recent videos of Supaalf and Hens333, during their confrontation; I think in particular of the parts where Supaalf does not use the famous "Starstruck's build" (which in my opinion has no reason to be, I am part of those who agree to prevent the nurse from being able to use Starstruck) 😃

    We can see Hens333's team managing to stand up to Supaalf, especially thanks to the very clever use of the flashlight 😀

  • i play like 30 survivor games, i have not seen a single nurse

    as a killer main i don't even play her anymore. full rework is welcomed

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276805#Comment_3276805

    "Suiciding at 5 gens makes it almost impossible to recover for the other 3 survivors. Just like against every other killer."

    Completely! That's why I was wondering if the games in which there is a DC are counted for the killrate of the killer.

    Games where people disconnect aren´t counted. But games where survivors suicide are counted. Since the system has no way to know what happend.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276804#Comment_3276804

    I play her when I'm fed up of being bullied on killer by SWF's and want an easy 3k-4k easily. She cannot be countered by "mind games" they'll get you an extra 3 seconds max before she just teleports to your new location.

    Cool, despite of getting "easy 3-4k" she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    I mean... if it was actually so easy for every nurse to get non stop 4k with her. Then her kill rate would reflect that. Don´t you think?

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276804#Comment_3276804

    I play her when I'm fed up of being bullied on killer by SWF's and want an easy 3k-4k easily. She cannot be countered by "mind games" they'll get you an extra 3 seconds max before she just teleports to your new location.

    I would be interested to see, in video, those games you do, when you play the nurse, and you do 3k-4k.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277114#Comment_3277114

    Cool, despite of getting "easy 3-4k" she still has one of the lowest kill rates.

    I mean... if it was actually so easy for every nurse to get non stop 4k with her. Then her kill rate would reflect that. Don´t you think?

    Because of DC's...

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276387#Comment_3276387

    Concerning the theoretical aspect, it's a mix of several things, which have been detailed and explained several times on this forum.

    However, for the practical aspect, I refer, for example, to the recent videos of Supaalf and Hens333, during their confrontation; I think in particular of the parts where Supaalf does not use the famous "Starstruck's build" (which in my opinion has no reason to be, I am part of those who agree to prevent the nurse from being able to use Starstruck) 😃

    We can see Hens333's team managing to stand up to Supaalf, especially thanks to the very clever use of the flashlight 😀

    Were we watching the same video? I saw a matchup that only became remotely fair when the rules forced Alf to gimp himself on perks. Not just forgoing Starstruck, but also running deeply suboptimal gen slowdown perks.

    The Flashlight plays barely slowed the Nurse down. What I see is that even Survivors at the absolute pinnacle of player skill still can't consistently dodge the Nurse.

    And no wonder; when you go down is entirely up to the Nurse.

  • @Monlyth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277123#Comment_3277123

    Were we watching the same video? I saw a matchup that only became remotely fair when the rules forced Alf to gimp himself on perks. Not just forgoing Starstruck, but also running deeply suboptimal gen slowdown perks.

    The Flashlight plays barely slowed the Nurse down. What I see is that even Survivors at the absolute pinnacle of player skill still can't consistently dodge the Nurse.

    And no wonder; when you go down is entirely up to the Nurse.

    As I said, the games where Supaalf uses Starstruck are not interesting for the analysis 🤔

    You have to look at their games where he used other perks, and see how not using Starstruck tilts the balance in favor of Hens333's team.

    It should also be remembered that Hens333 and his team were not at full strength. They were not using the biggest items and accessories in the game, and their build, although interesting, was limited.

    Finally ... I wonder what to think of what Hens himself says under his video, namely "Playing against nurse with my team is actually fun" ... I guess I'll be told he's lying 😁

    And, concerning the flashlight: yes, it is very useful against the nurse. If used correctly, it will force the nurse to fall into a state of fatigue, making her lose precious seconds.

    If the player in question is also a good nurse looper, and is part of a fast and efficient team, the value that can be gained from it is absolutely not insignificant.

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277178#Comment_3277178

    As I said, the games where Supaalf uses Starstruck are not interesting for the analysis 🤔

    You have to look at their games where he used other perks, and see how not using Starstruck tilts the balance in favor of Hens333's team.

    It should also be remembered that Hens333 and his team were not at full strength. They were not using the biggest items and accessories in the game, and their build, although interesting, was limited.

    Finally ... I wonder what to think of what Hens himself says under his video, namely "Playing against nurse with my team is actually fun" ... I guess I'll be told he's lying 😁

    And, concerning the flashlight: yes, it is very useful against the nurse. If used correctly, it will force the nurse to fall into a state of fatigue, making her lose precious seconds.

    If the player in question is also a good nurse looper, and is part of a fast and efficient team, the value that can be gained from it is absolutely not insignificant.

    If a Killer is only balanced when they're deliberately running a bad build, then the Killer is not balanced.

    Alf was dominating tournament-level Survivors long before Starstruck existed.

    "Playing against Nurse is actually fun"... because some people like a game designed to make them suffer. Why do you think Dark Souls is so popular?

    Wow, occasionally buying yourself an extra 5-10 seconds in chase (Not with any consistency, mind you)... that buys almost as much time for your team as bringing a Medkit does.

  • Then people should stop disconnecting if they really want a change.

  • I don't think BHVR is gonna change Nurse until/unless a person/company of influence mentions it on a social media and roasts them... Only then would they finally save the game from that horribly imbalanced killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277177#Comment_3277177

    Then people should stop disconnecting if they really want a change.

    Or how about realising survivors DC because nurse IS a problem and then fixing the problem to stop the DC's?

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277350#Comment_3277350

    Or how about realising survivors DC because nurse IS a problem and then fixing the problem to stop the DC's?

    That would work IF survivors wouldn´t DC for literally everything that doesn´t go their way:

    • 1rst downed? DC!
    • Killer is XXX? DC!
    • Fails a Flashlight save? DC!
    • Don´t like the map? believe it or not, DC!

    There simply isn´t a pattern to why people DC. When the DC penalty was turned off, people disconnected on even the slightest inconvenience. Its a pvp game. There are supposed to happen inconvenient things.

  • I wonderr why only survivor side is allowed to be buffed upwards in the eyes of this community. Why dont we apply this to the killer side too?

    Survivor logic:

    • Buff survivor to " four survivor who actually care to get each other out instead of gunning for the hatch while using third party communication tools not native to the game" to streamline the survivor experience.
    • Nerf and gut all the top killers despite aknowledging theyre in the right spot ( See Billy nerf and roar addition)

    Actually use the same mentality on both sides, either gut survivor because good players are better at that character than noobs ( like nurse) or buff the weaker killers to approach her level ( like the survivorbuffs that'd buff swf too in the guise of the solo-swf gapclosing)

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277474#Comment_3277474

    That would work IF survivors wouldn´t DC for literally everything that doesn´t go their way:

    • 1rst downed? DC!
    • Killer is XXX? DC!
    • Fails a Flashlight save? DC!
    • Don´t like the map? believe it or not, DC!

    There simply isn´t a pattern to why people DC. When the DC penalty was turned off, people disconnected on even the slightest inconvenience. Its a pvp game. There are supposed to happen inconvenient things.

    Imagine if killers were able to freely DC like survivors do with such shjoddy reasons. AND could use those Dc as a valid point in advocating for nerfing survivors.

    This community is brutally survivor sided.

1 2 ›