My thoughts on the Knight
There are a lot of areas in which his power fails, and I'll try to explain as eloquently as possible.
First off, the guards. They are extremely frustrating to use. Because they take so long to spawn, they cannot be used to cut survivors off if they try to w-key, unlike Artist whose birds can be used at range. Alright, fair enough. You gotta be smart with them.
Let's say you use them as area denial. With the exception of Jailer, the detection range is pitifully small that the survivor can easily avoid the detection ring, and that time you spent placing the guard gave the survivor enough time to make it to the next loop.
But let's say, it is Jailer. He and Assassin share the same issue. They chase so briefly that it's frustrating to do ANYTHING with them. Guards are meant to be tools that you use to outsmart survivors, but that takes time! Longer than 12 seconds, especially with survivors trying to run away, requiring you to catch up.
Carnifex has the same detection issues as Assassin, but otherwise, is largely the only one that works. While he's slow as a snail, his sheer endurance leaves you enough time to actually make a play, even if the survivor is smart and W-keys. And if you give him an order, he does it fast.
But what if Carnifex is the only one meant to help in chase then? Okay, let's play by that logic.
Jailer's chase is, again, brief. So if you use him to protect a hook or a gen, he's barely an inconvenience. Also, again, slow, so getting the banner won't be an issue.
Assassin is... I don't what his use is. He chases briefly, has terrible detection, and is slow at orders. What even *is* the point of him?
The only use of his power just seems to be camping. Whether it's a surv on hook, or a 3 gen, that's what he's good at. Something that's extremely unfun for *both* sides.
It's not even amazing at camping either. Unless it's basement, the hunt can be cancelled easily to force a 1 for 1, something every killer is capable of.
Speaking of orders, Slowness of all except Carnfiex aside, it's really clunky.
You need to go into patrol mode and then give an order. What's the point? I can just do it myself in about the same amount of time. Only time I ever use it is if I already downed someone as a convenience thing (Guards break while I pick up).
This one is minor, but in patrol/orb mode, you can't see anything. No survivors. No Auras. Or even scratch marks. Why? Everything about this killer screams playing it safe, but to an extent that there's no real use for him.
Were I to recommend changes, I'd suggest this...
- Have it so that ordering a guard to do the break action is more seamless; make it so that using the secondary power button outside the patrol mapping mode orders a guard, rather than this current clunky interaction. (Side note: Can the break order apply the base 2.5% damage to the gen?)
- Carnifex and Jailer should move at 4.2m/s or 105%. I get they're not meant to get hits on their own, but currently, their slow speed makes it very difficult to use if the survivors do the smart thing and just run away.
- Assassin and Jailer should chase for 15 seconds. Currently, the 12 seconds are just too little. Numerous times, I managed to trap survivors with me on one side and survivors on the other, but then the Hunt duration ends just short. It's infuriating.
- Carnifex and Assassin should have their detection range add-on basekit. Currently, 8m is pitiful, yet 12m is a gamechanger. You can deny areas, cut survivors off, and generally use the power! You can nerf or rework the add-on.
Comments