Have a question for experienced players

Hey guys . So what do you think of the new perks the newest survivor comes with ? How balanced do you think it will be stacked together on a 4 man squad?

I'm not really wanting a huge novel on why it's good or bad just your opinion .

Comments

  • Gambit will be a pain in the neck with swat swfs but other than that they're fine if abit lackluster. We're at least happy there is now something for pushing a 3 gen as solo can be harsh with teammates.

  • In my opinion, I think all the new survivor perks have their niches and im sure swf will be able to use Gambit it's good for swf to work on gens while looping killers, Potential Energy is good for 3 gens but is really niche, and Fogwise can be an issue for non-stealth killers, but as long as you bring the demo's perk mindbreaker (fearmonger), you will be fine.

    As for whether they will be meta-changing? I don't think so, people will still use the new entrenched meta instead of these niche, but useful perks. If I had to say the best perk of the bunch I would say it is Gambit since it works with every killer, but Fogwise will destroy nonstealth killers, but I doubt many people will use it over the more meta perks.

    I for one plan on trying alert, Fogwise, stake out, and hyperfocus so I always see the killer's aura if they don't have stealth perks and get gens fast lol though yeah fearmonger destroys Fogwise.

  • I think the perks are fine.

    Potential Energy is basically a 3 gen breaker with a stealth requirement and an efficiency loss tacked on. It's good for one thing and one thing only.

    Quick Gambit has a decent payoff for a bit of a risk. You really don't want to taking chases near in-progress gens as a survivor. It's a potential game throw if you go down and get hooked in a gen cluster. The perk incentivizes a really risky playstyle.

    Fogwise doesn't really affect SWF one way or the other if that's what you're asking. It's a solid info perk.

  • I think Fogwise is going to be an issiue since it has no cooldown at all. They should give a cooldown to it, maybe even make it so its a 1 time use per gen. But like that? thats free aura for every single great skill check, which people hit often.


    The others are fine, finally a SoloQ perk!

  • Fogwise is pretty useless for a SWF unless you happen to be facing a stealth killer and then maybe it has some value. It’s just giving you information that you can get by communicating on comms. Throw it in the dumpster with Kindred and other perks that SWF get for free

  • Potential energy has a lot of downsides for the chance to store progress. Maybe SWF can coordinate to break 3-gen, but i dont think many people will use it after some time.

    Gambit can be very risky to use it in soloQ, maybe paired with Bond. Again, only SWF will probably use it to its full potential.

    Fogwise is a very good info perk but not of much use for SWF, a better Alert if you are good at hitting great skill checks. Unfortunately, it has the same downsides than alert, Fearmonger and Third Seal will make it useless, and stealth killers wont show their auras.

    Of the 3 perks, 2 are good for SWF and 1 good for Solo.