Thanks for making the dc penalty useless

The update is out since 3 hours and in this time I had 9 disconnects. Maybe it's just coincidence but I thought about it and I think the update made the dc penalty worthless since you can now play a bot lobby whenever you want lol

Comments

  • I wouldn't call it useless.

    A serial DCer is still prohibited from playing with other players for the same durations. They can do whatever they want on their own in that time.

  • Imagine if they made the DC penalty apply to bot matches πŸ’€

  • @Pulsar said:

    Imagine if they made the DC penalty apply to bot matches πŸ’€

    Imagine the bots DCing if you downed them fastπŸ˜…

  • The purpose of a DC penalty is not only to discourage someone from disconnecting, but also to prevent them from disconnecting from further matches. It's still doing that; even if they're playing against bots while they wait, they aren't ruining anyone else's match.

    The penalties also get longer each time they disconnect, so unless they're happy playing against bots for the entire day, they still won't want to DC regularly. (But hey, if they're happy playing against bots, more power to them. That's a win for everyone. The bots don't care if you DC, and that's one less person disconnecting for everyone else.)