Can the Devs do something about this problem? VPNS

Every time I play survivor I get Killers that are clearly using VPNs for advantage, I understand that maybe some people have bad internet, but clicking on their profile 80 percent of the time u see that they are playing from the other side of the Globe. Really just makes wanna stop playing as survivors and go back waiting long queue times for killers, wich i don't wanna do all the time and I wanna use the incentives. I messaged the killer to know if he was using a vpn and he said have a good night after i said have a nice day, because for me it's morning wich makes me think he was using a vpn.

Can devs find a solution for this? I know its not considered cheating, but really gives u the same feeling when u go against these people. I know u can't ban vpns but maybe put the people with REALLY (i'm talking about 200 plus) high ping in a common server?Mybe this is not a solution cause there will not be enough players? idk, but theres really nothing they can do about this? Its really becoming frustrating. Any of u have the same problem while playing survivors?


Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.19 - 07.45.27.25 (2).png Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.19 - 07.45.54.53 (2).png Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.19 - 07.46.40.01.png Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.01 - 12.28.00.35 (3).png Desktop Screenshot 2022.11.01 - 12.28.15.46 (2).png


Comments

  • I have this problem playing killer too, one minute a survivor is in front of me and then they are teleporting all around me with a fat ping of 300, somewhat annoying that ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @Bloodraven said:

    I have this problem playing killer too, one minute a survivor is in front of me and then they are teleporting all around me with a fat ping of 300, somewhat annoying that ๐Ÿ˜…

    i know that there are surviors doing this too, but usually when u get high ping as surv u are more likely to die anyway unless whey are teleporting badly

  • @nora_the_explora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269070#Comment_3269070

    i know that there are surviors doing this too, but usually when u get high ping as surv u are more likely to die anyway unless whey are teleporting badly

    In some cases, but there is nothing more frustrating than swinging at a survivor and then watching them rubber band 5 meters behind you only to turn around and then watch them rubber band back in the direction were just facing add infinitum.

    And I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be downed at a pallet when you're on the other side of it, it be fuming honestly ๐Ÿ˜…

    Realistically I don't think there is much BHVR can do about this unless there is a way to block VPN users from the servers...

  • @Bloodraven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269072#Comment_3269072

    In some cases, but there is nothing more frustrating than swinging at a survivor and then watching them rubber band 5 meters behind you only to turn around and then watch them rubber band back in the direction were just facing add infinitum.

    And I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be downed at a pallet when you're on the other side of it, it be fuming honestly ๐Ÿ˜…

    Realistically I don't think there is much BHVR can do about this unless there is a way to block VPN users from the servers...

    VPN is one way streamers deal with hacking streamsnipers from what I've heard, if they prevent that from working, that's one less way content creators can defend themselves.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3269074#Comment_3269074

    VPN is one way streamers deal with hacking streamsnipers from what I've heard, if they prevent that from working, that's one less way content creators can defend themselves.

    Ahh yes, I forgot about that little snag.

    Then the only other thing is being able to see what players Pings are in the lobby so you can dodge, not a great solution but it's a start ๐Ÿ˜