anyone playing with crossplay disabled (pc steam), do you run into less cheaters?

i think we all know where most of the cheaters are coming from, so i was wonder if disabling crossplay would mean we'd run into less of them if you're willing to have longer queues.

Comments

  • I play with crossplay on. I am already on PC so even with it off it won't really save me๐Ÿ˜


    I'm really bad at spotting cheaters unless they're obvious, this forum has certainly made me paranoid though. Do we have any stats on how common it is?


  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    I play with crossplay on. I am already on PC so even with it off it won't really save me๐Ÿ˜

    I'm really bad at spotting cheaters unless they're obvious, this forum has certainly made me paranoid though. Do we have any stats on how common it is?

    i dont know, on killer its very tricky to catch subtle cheaters nowadays. but the cheaters seem to still be pretty obvious about it around their teammates, i've had endgame chats where the survivors were suspicious about what the sussy survivor was doing or how they did things being able to things like self heal or pickup despite them not having healing perks, medkit or boons on the map. like a few times they asked how they pulled off flashlight safe when facing the wrong direction. XD

  • @mistar_z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266915#Comment_3266915

    i dont know, on killer its very tricky to catch subtle cheaters nowadays. but the cheaters seem to still be pretty obvious about it around their teammates, i've had endgame chats where the survivors were suspicious about what the sussy survivor was doing or how they did things being able to things like self heal or pickup despite them not having healing perks, medkit or boons on the map. like a few times they asked how they pulled off flashlight safe when facing the wrong direction. XD

    I'm probably very immersed so I probably don't notice if its common.

    It's obviously easier to catch teammates than the killer though and I also think it's easier for the killer to catch survivors.


    The only three instances I remember which have been iffy with teammates is


    1) afk killer and a Meg touched a gen and it auto-completed so she did that to numerous gens (idk maybe it was someone else)

    2) one time a kate was being chased on the other side of the map and me and the three other teammates were doing a gen near shack and I see the gen kate was working on before getting in chase complete while she was I assume in chase and I think she was even downed. What I am not sure is if she got down because she tried to finish the gen so no cheating there or it was the other way around (someone completed Kate's gen via hacks when she went down)


    3) another time which I am not sure if I was experience a bug or no, but I am downed by Trapper and I am trying to crawl away but crawling speed seemed faster as if I had tenacity (when I obviously didn't run it).


    Cheating killers? Idk, I don't think I've had a blatant one and I have a hard time noticing subtle cheaters though but there have been times where I get suspicious when they know where to find survivors immediately after hooking and don't have BBQ and chili.