dead hard hackers are destroying the game

This problem is becoming prevalent and it really bothers me to a core level. Dead hard hackers happens too much in high sbmm and I frequently face them on a daily basis. They DON'T activate Dead Hard BEFORE you attack. Any loop, any pallet, anything you can think of. Their hack only activates once you

a) get very close

b) press the attack button

c) you aim inside their hitbox

That's how I have observed. It doesn't matter if I fake my attack. It doesn't matter if I circle around while attacking. The hack knows exactly when you hit or not hit the survivor. The moment it knows that you're going to hit the survivor, dead hard activates.

There is no counter play to this and there is nothing you can do about it. They got a third health state permanently.

Subtle cheating is the worst kind of cheating there is. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comments

  • Fun fact it even works the millisecond it's able, like feet first for pallets. (Or somehow works *on* the pallet)

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    Fun fact it even works the millisecond it's able, like feet first for pallets. (Or somehow works *on* the pallet)

    Great observation. Have you seen it yourself during your killer matches?

  • Wouldn't say it if we didn't. No off the record (tested it earlier in the match(more like seeing them not body blocking) and confirmed after), more than 40 seconds from unhook so no bt or such, had used dh before with perfection which at first was assumed genuine

  • What if they're just good reads?

    I get the concern (and especially the paranoia) about subtle cheaters in the game, and I know that DH scripts exist and are used and should be removed like every other exploit, but why always assume the worst?

    DH's change was made in a way that rewards reads, not reactions. Your opponent is hard commiting to when you're going to press the attack, and ignoring every flinch attempt and feint in the process. That type of mental fortitude is actually common in multiple other genres, including fps and fighting games.

    I absolutely agree that there should be a better system of validation (especially knowing they use timestamps) and detection of scripts and the like, but for every 5 you think are cheating, it could only be 1 or 2. Especially since you stated it's apparently high MMR

  • @Ryuhi said:

    What if they're just good reads?

    I get the concern (and especially the paranoia) about subtle cheaters in the game, and I know that DH scripts exist and are used and should be removed like every other exploit, but why always assume the worst?

    DH's change was made in a way that rewards reads, not reactions. Your opponent is hard commiting to when you're going to press the attack, and ignoring every flinch attempt and feint in the process. That type of mental fortitude is actually common in multiple other genres, including fps and fighting games.

    I absolutely agree that there should be a better system of validation (especially knowing they use timestamps) and detection of scripts and the like, but for every 5 you think are cheating, it could only be 1 or 2. Especially since you stated it's apparently high MMR

    I have played dozen of killer and survivor matches. I keep noticing that people, even if I do tricks that I learned throughout the games or from people who main killers (mostly from streams), I see the same survivors doing it not only once, twice, no, they do it multiple times whenever they got their Dead Hard up and running. It becomes crystal clear that they're using something to enable their Dead Hard just when I am about to hit them. I even did an experiment where I didn't attack for 20 seconds while a survivor was injured, and that survivor never activated Dead Hard even though I was breathing down their neck until I start to attack it and he magically activated his Dead Hard at the right time. Sorry, but I don't believe 1 bit that 1 guy can do this again and again every time his Dead Hard was up. That's frankly impossible unless you have your brain connected to the computer with instant reaction time.

    Then I didn't even talk about the other subtle cheats using a slight movement speed boost, mostly it's 0.2m/s extra but I had a match where a Claudette was increasing her movement speed the closer I get. There was no chance for me to hit her despite my efforts.

    It seems that PC hackers can't be stopped no matter what BHVR does. Online games on PC has and always will be a problem, no matter how good their anti-cheat is.

  • @BillsHere101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266709#Comment_3266709

    I have played dozen of killer and survivor matches. I keep noticing that people, even if I do tricks that I learned throughout the games or from people who main killers (mostly from streams), I see the same survivors doing it not only once, twice, no, they do it multiple times whenever they got their Dead Hard up and running. It becomes crystal clear that they're using something to enable their Dead Hard just when I am about to hit them. I even did an experiment where I didn't attack for 20 seconds while a survivor was injured, and that survivor never activated Dead Hard even though I was breathing down their neck until I start to attack it and he magically activated his Dead Hard at the right time. Sorry, but I don't believe 1 bit that 1 guy can do this again and again every time his Dead Hard was up. That's frankly impossible unless you have your brain connected to the computer with instant reaction time.

    Then I didn't even talk about the other subtle cheats using a slight movement speed boost, mostly it's 0.2m/s extra but I had a match where a Claudette was increasing her movement speed the closer I get. There was no chance for me to hit her despite my efforts.

    It seems that PC hackers can't be stopped no matter what BHVR does. Online games on PC has and always will be a problem, no matter how good their anti-cheat is.

    yesterday it was full of them: didn't had a single match without those kind of "people" (i would have used other terms to describe them, but i would be probably permabanned for it), even when i was using the nurse people were impossible to hit (literally they deactivate their hitboxes, even going through me despite my hitbox should have block them in a corner)... for me this game become just unplayable right now (a pity cause i enjoyed it a lot), i think that i'll go on evil dead and i won't come back this time

  • @BillsHere101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3266392#Comment_3266392

    Great observation. Have you seen it yourself during your killer matches?

    I have had Survivors pinned in a corner (they were crouching behind some debris thinking I can't see them for example) and still activate Dead Hard the exact millisecond they would get hit. Near pallets or windows it could be a matter of "if I don't activate DH now I will get hit", as in they activate it pre-emptively, but not if they are pinned in a corner.

    Technically it could still be luck to activate it at the right time but it's very suspicious.

    🦆🦂