Server Connection Issues

I've noticed three things recently:

  • I tend to have a connection icon above my portrait in-game in some matches
  • I'm getting into matches in less than 10 seconds on both sides
  • My own internet connection has been great whenever I check on it

So, the only thing I can assume here is that the game is placing me in servers that are not in my own region in order to place me into matches quicker, which causes me to have poor connection at times within those matches. I've seen myself vault a window and teleport back behind it, as well as save a person off hook and have my animation stop. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It has been making my matches rather unenjoyable when the issues do occur, and I would certainly wait longer personally for a match that is within my region assuming this is the issue.

Comments

  • the servers have been a bit weird since the ptb dropped

    i felt lag here and there myself tho strangely enough mostly on killer, survivor was just fine

  • I see so many issues on survivor but when I play killer, everything feels fine.

  • @Remedicist said:

    I've noticed three things recently:

    • I tend to have a connection icon above my portrait in-game in some matches
    • I'm getting into matches in less than 10 seconds on both sides
    • My own internet connection has been great whenever I check on it

    So, the only thing I can assume here is that the game is placing me in servers that are not in my own region in order to place me into matches quicker, which causes me to have poor connection at times within those matches. I've seen myself vault a window and teleport back behind it, as well as save a person off hook and have my animation stop. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It has been making my matches rather unenjoyable when the issues do occur, and I would certainly wait longer personally for a match that is within my region assuming this is the issue.

    This has been happening since summer, not too long after the big perk meta shakeup patch and the game lost a lot of players. To keep matches firing in a timely fashion BHVR seems to have expanded what regional servers players can connect to. Which is very unfortunate, considering the large amount of latency issues it's causing.

    I had a feeling they were doing this when they did the ping meter revamp that took away the ability to see your own ping in the lobby and added generic ping/packet loss icons. Very bad form. The least they could've done was given players the personal option to select in the UI on whether you wanted a faster queue time or not. I'd rather wait longer for a match on a server in my region and with/vs other players closer to my MMR.