MMR

I have a few questions about MMR, I'm not sure if bhvr shared these numbers yet:

  • Whats the base start MMR?
  • Whats the soft cap? (I'm assuming this is the top 5% we saw in the recent kill rates, is it?)
  • How much MMR a survivor get for escaping and how much he loses for dying?
  • How much MMR a killer get for 4king and how much for which survivor escaping?

Comments

  • I'm not sure if any of this is current.

    But the starting MMR was 1100, and soft cap was 1600, although they did say they would change the soft cap as necessary, as you imply to maintain it as the top x%. (I've seen 5% and 7% mentioned)

    Now the amount MMR changes per kill/escape has never been specified, because it's not a fixed amount. It scales depending on the difference between your MMR and your opponents.

    Basically if you escape against a killer with a higher MMR than you, yours increases by more, if the killer's MMR is lower, yours increases by less. Vice versa for deaths, and same principle for killer, however the killer gets 4 rols per game for each survivor.

    And pretty soon another factor will come into survivor MMR, which multiplies it again by how many other survivors escape. Although the same rule of escape = increase, kill = decrease stands, just the amount changes.

    It could be possible that the killer gets matched with high MMR survivors, kills 1, while 3 escape, and this results in a net increase in MMR because the 1 is greater than the 3. But we don't know the variables to say for certain.

  • @Okonar_ said:

    I have a few questions about MMR, I'm not sure if bhvr shared these numbers yet:

    • Whats the base start MMR?
    • Whats the soft cap? (I'm assuming this is the top 5% we saw in the recent kill rates, is it?)
    • How much MMR a survivor get for escaping and how much he loses for dying?
    • How much MMR a killer get for 4king and how much for which survivor escaping?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEkN-oDLrk

    That answers your questions I guess.. That's what dataminers found out about it... You can also watch the video linked in this videos description.

  • @Seraphor said:

    I'm not sure if any of this is current.

    But the starting MMR was 1100, and soft cap was 1600, although they did say they would change the soft cap as necessary, as you imply to maintain it as the top x%. (I've seen 5% and 7% mentioned)

    Now the amount MMR changes per kill/escape has never been specified, because it's not a fixed amount. It scales depending on the difference between your MMR and your opponents.

    Basically if you escape against a killer with a higher MMR than you, yours increases by more, if the killer's MMR is lower, yours increases by less. Vice versa for deaths, and same principle for killer, however the killer gets 4 rols per game for each survivor.

    And pretty soon another factor will come into survivor MMR, which multiplies it again by how many other survivors escape. Although the same rule of escape = increase, kill = decrease stands, just the amount changes.

    It could be possible that the killer gets matched with high MMR survivors, kills 1, while 3 escape, and this results in a net increase in MMR because the 1 is greater than the 3. But we don't know the variables to say for certain.

    @Archol123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354390/mmr

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEkN-oDLrk

    That answers your questions I guess.. That's what dataminers found out about it... You can also watch the video linked in this videos description.

    Ty. Just makes me wonder how quick you can get to 1600, probably doesn't take that long.

  • Why would you want to get to 1600?

    MMR isn't a reward, it's not a trophy. It's merely a corrective mechanism to stop you winning too much.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261493#Comment_3261493

    Why would you want to get to 1600?

    MMR isn't a reward, it's not a trophy. It's merely a corrective mechanism to stop you winning too much.

    But it apparently does not work as the range of mmr in which you get matched with other people is waaaaay too big

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261493#Comment_3261493

    Why would you want to get to 1600?

    MMR isn't a reward, it's not a trophy. It's merely a corrective mechanism to stop you winning too much.

    Never said I did. Just wondering how easy it is to get to the "soft cap" point.

  • @Archol123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354390/mmr

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEkN-oDLrk

    That answers your questions I guess.. That's what dataminers found out about it... You can also watch the video linked in this videos description.

    There's a lot of misinformation in Scott's video. I'd caution against taking it as the gospel. MMR losses and gains aren't static. They're relative to your opponent MMR. If someone wanted to risk a permaban, they could check their MMR and see numbers that end in 7s and 3s. Immediately renders half of that video incorrect. The dataminers used dummy accounts that all had the same MMR as each other, hence why they thought the gains were static.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261451#Comment_3261451

    There's a lot of misinformation in Scott's video. I'd caution against taking it as the gospel. MMR losses and gains aren't static. They're relative to your opponent MMR. If someone wanted to risk a permaban, they could check their MMR and see numbers that end in 7s and 3s. Immediately renders half of that video incorrect. The dataminers used dummy accounts that all had the same MMR as each other, hence why they thought the gains were static.

    Dataminers can also check other peoples mmr as far as I know? And yeah sure the gains are not static but I don't recall him saying that? Especially considering he said that even cheater bots that win every game don't go beyond 3k mmr... So I don't really know what exactly you even mean...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261451#Comment_3261451

    There's a lot of misinformation in Scott's video. I'd caution against taking it as the gospel. MMR losses and gains aren't static. They're relative to your opponent MMR. If someone wanted to risk a permaban, they could check their MMR and see numbers that end in 7s and 3s. Immediately renders half of that video incorrect. The dataminers used dummy accounts that all had the same MMR as each other, hence why they thought the gains were static.

    I just rewatched the video... And Scott never said anything about how much you gain or loose per kill or escape and if it was static or not... But yeah I would assume it is not static, because otherwise the never loosing cheater bot would not struggle to reach 3k mmr but be up in 100.000 ++ mmr if it only plays enough matches... So if you have a source for the thing you just said i'd be happy to know more... But otherwise I don't see how what you stated is more reliable than what Scott states in your video...

    Especially the dummy account thing... I mean they apparently figured out the mmr of other players that were not datamining so I don't really get that part ... When they just played normal matches with those accounts and figured out all the stuff written in the boxes in the top right corner in the original video... How would the gains be static? I mean they apparently didn't just play those accounts against each other all the time soooo.... Further elaboration needed buddy...

  • @Archol123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261531#Comment_3261531

    I just rewatched the video... And Scott never said anything about how much you gain or loose per kill or escape and if it was static or not... But yeah I would assume it is not static, because otherwise the never loosing cheater bot would not struggle to reach 3k mmr but be up in 100.000 ++ mmr if it only plays enough matches... So if you have a source for the thing you just said i'd be happy to know more... But otherwise I don't see how what you stated is more reliable than what Scott states in your video...

    Especially the dummy account thing... I mean they apparently figured out the mmr of other players that were not datamining so I don't really get that part ... When they just played normal matches with those accounts and figured out all the stuff written in the boxes in the top right corner in the original video... How would the gains be static? I mean they apparently didn't just play those accounts against each other all the time soooo.... Further elaboration needed buddy...

    Oh, I thought you linked a different video of his that he made a while ago when MMR first dropped. I've had him muted on every platform for a while so I didn't realize he put out another video recently. My b.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261553#Comment_3261553

    Oh, I thought you linked a different video of his that he made a while ago when MMR first dropped. I've had him muted on every platform for a while so I didn't realize he put out another video recently. My b.

    Hahahaha xD Ok man ^^ No it was another one, and like I said he only reported on someone else who got in contact with dataminers and Scott just says what the other guy got to know from the dataminers... So the core information is in the video in the description of scott's video... Since it basically runs muted in the background of scotts video it does not really matter too much which one you watch :D

  • @Archol123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261568#Comment_3261568

    Hahahaha xD Ok man ^^ No it was another one, and like I said he only reported on someone else who got in contact with dataminers and Scott just says what the other guy got to know from the dataminers... So the core information is in the video in the description of scott's video... Since it basically runs muted in the background of scotts video it does not really matter too much which one you watch :D

    I just gave it a watch. It makes sense considering what I've experienced lately on killer and in my SWF group. Some killers struggle to 1k us and other killers actually make us work or 4k us. Huge skill variance from game to game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261574#Comment_3261574

    I just gave it a watch. It makes sense considering what I've experienced lately on killer and in my SWF group. Some killers struggle to 1k us and other killers actually make us work or 4k us. Huge skill variance from game to game.

    Yeah so in the end mmr didn't really change much about how the matchmaking works ^^