Why so much Legion hate?

So during beta testing everyone was screaming that Legion was OP. And now everyone is saying he's useless, worst killer, etc.

I'm currently enjoying him a lot. I played like about 8 game's with him and 5 of them were all 4k matches. And I had at least 2 others i had at least 2 picks. And these were in top tier matches.

Now ive deranked because of the season ending, so I dont really count these current game's as a real test of skill. But not only is Legion really good, but he's a TON of fun to play. Especially if played properly. I've been watching streams of these "NUMBER 1 LEGION PLAYER IN THE WORLD I'M THE FLIPPING BEST LOOK AT HOW GREAT I AM" type streams, and they just play him like any other killer. And I'm like ??? You're playing him wrong lol. And then they just tunnel until they down a person. Which...is fine I guess? But when you're spamming your ability to catch and slap the same person over and over you're really not using Legion efficiently. You're supposed to be disruptive and all over the map.

So why don't YOU like Legion? What are your thoughts?

Comments

  • I still don't get why people are saying he's useless? He's basically a better The Spirit.
    Me: Hey spirit how many perk can you use?
    Spirit: Almost all of them.
    Me: How about you legion?
    Legion: Almost none of them.
    Me: Hmmm interesting
    I'm confused. Why cant Legion use any perks? Any killer can use any perk. This doesn't make any sense lol
  • I still don't get why people are saying he's useless? He's basically a better The Spirit.
    Me: Hey spirit how many perk can you use?
    Spirit: Almost all of them.
    Me: How about you legion?
    Legion: Almost none of them.
    Me: Hmmm interesting
    I'm confused. Why cant Legion use any perks? Any killer can use any perk. This doesn't make any sense lol
    Perk synergy is what they are talking about. Very few perks synergize with frenzy or with his general playstyle. 

    Its hard to truly make frenzy viable with all perks as it would heavily tip the scales in the killers favor. Could you imaging if frenzy allowed noed to work? You could legitimately down an entire team in one go.
  • @Divinitye9 said:
    LegitAdventurer said:


    FayeZahara said:


    LegitAdventurer said:

    I still don't get why people are saying he's useless? He's basically a better The Spirit.

    Me: Hey spirit how many perk can you use?

    Spirit: Almost all of them.

    Me: How about you legion?

    Legion: Almost none of them.

    Me: Hmmm interesting

    I'm confused. Why cant Legion use any perks? Any killer can use any perk. This doesn't make any sense lol

    Perk synergy is what they are talking about. Very few perks synergize with frenzy or with his general playstyle. 

    Its hard to truly make frenzy viable with all perks as it would heavily tip the scales in the killers favor. Could you imaging if frenzy allowed noed to work? You could legitimately down an entire team in one go.

    i think yeah he would be too op with exposed perks working. But i think exposed should just make the main killer weapon twice as powerful. (cause it just cuts the main weapon attack in half) So his frenzy stabs are just twice as powerful would be lovely with exposed. He still can't get them all but he can still at least get 1 with it. Think if exposed worked on launch day with his power. The whole community would be like nerf him on that day.

  • .

    i think yeah he would be too op with exposed perks working. But i think exposed should just make the main killer weapon twice as powerful. (cause it just cuts the main weapon attack in half) So his frenzy stabs are just twice as powerful would be lovely with exposed. He still can't get them all but he can still at least get 1 with it. Think if exposed worked on launch day with his power. The whole community would be like nerf him on that day.

    Yeah, exposed working with Legions power would be stupid overpowered. I love running sloppy butcher and thanataphobia with Legion. Makes for a very slowed down game. Especially if you run ruin, its such a dirty combo with Legion.
  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @GraviteaUK said:
    I hate him simply because the creators lacked imagination when creating him.

    When i saw a snow map being made i thought Omg "Abominable snowman" "Yeti" "Wendigo"

    What did we get? a dude in a hoodie a mixtape and a knife, very inspired......

    To be fair, his knife is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game.

    As cool as his knife looks, It's an uninspired killer.

    They basically gave a killer a hit borrowed time and the ability to vault and sprint.

  • For put on ground one person you need use you power 4/5 times without best addons.And second thing when you stab every one ez surv need just hold left mouse buton without skillcheck nothing.What is the point stab ppl with his ability? More stab? I see him on ptb and that was lol ######### is this? Killer what can spread borrowed time effect? And must stab 4 time one person to got him on ground Lol!
  • I always kinda saw him as the reversed freddy. Freddy sees those (in the dream state) out of his tr, legion sees those not in deep wounds in his tr (while using FF), Freddy is built to tunnel while you pull in who you can to slow down, and if you lose them m&a, nurse's, etc. Legion you hit one jump to the next try your best to corral them and keep hitting them as they come out also as for his tr giving him away m&a would work excellent there while not chasing = less, while = more you can keep the chase going long enough to find the next with the improved tr. Also I see where some say he inspires gen rushing just throw on hex and keep running. Lol Tbh I feel like my optimal build for him would be m&a, bbq, and hex, then take your pick of further locator perks.
    Forsure! Legion can be really powerful in delaying the game. Ruin makes him really powerful, but good survivors will generally locate your ruin within 2 minutes of the game(or instantly for some matches) 

    Thats why i personally dont use it with him. But it definitely helps delay the game really hard. Which is something Legion needs, within the first minute of the game, you should be able to rubber band off of the survivors and leave at least 3 of them needing to mend. Thats 3 survivors that can be insta downed, and 3 survivors either mending or healing, wasting more time. Especially when running sloppy butcher and thanataphobia for that extra delaying period.
    Tbh I blame that on Detective's mostly. But devs had to give a locator perk to survivors to counter all the hex user's, why it could also be good to use that last slot for huntress' honestly I feel huntress' is necessary for most effective protection of your hexs.
1 2 ›