Second Wind needs a buff
Specifically, it needs a change to make it so that healing a health state of a survivor activates the perk rather than "the equivalent" of a full health state. That way, solo queue players are able to use the perk without being hindered by a teammate who was trying to double stack on a heal. If you heal a survivor to full health (regardless of whether or not another teammate is also helping with the heal), you still get the perk up.
Comments
Yeah, second wind is a really strange and cumbersome perk. I remember that I couldn't make ryme or reason out of it when I got the game and Stranger Things was my first licensed chapter, it all seemed so strangely worded and convoluted and Mikaela had just released with a much simpler self-care mechanic.
Then I revisited the perk a year later, now confident that I would understand its mechanics now. And while I did, I was also underwhelmed: all this hoops to juno through just for a one time slow auto heal? Meh.
I had the perk equipped for a whole night and got it to work a couple of times, but it always felt like real work and never rewarding in a clever way. Thematically it's cool, ie babysit the other survivors and regain health, but nearly every other option does it easier, more consistantly and probably faster with way less hassle.