A few simple suggestions to fix some issues and make things more fun (or at least less boring).
- Let's start with the easiest fix. The lobby. This is the part of the match where after you get grouped with a killer and four survivors, everyone readies up to start the match. Delete it. Make the game start from the ready up screen and go to the offerings right away. Why? Mostly lobby dodging. Also, giving a toxic killer the chance to choose who to tunnel out (based on various things including racist, sexist, and even progress based choices-prestige) needs to end. Survivors dodge, too. They don't like the look of their teammate and they leave. On PC I believe the survivors can even see who the person playing killer is so that is also unfair. Let's get rid of that option.
- Next idea, make bots replace DCs and afkers. I know you said that was never the intention, but YOU NEED TO DO THIS, BHVR. As it stands right now, you tell the community that you don't look at the numbers after a person DCs. THIS WAS AND IS A MISTAKE! The killers play sweatier and more toxic than ever when a DC happens, because you told them you don't care. Since grades were removed for matchmaking the killers have absolutely no incentive to play fair after a DC. Then you have the players that just AFK and get birds. At three birds you should be automatically considered a DC (penalty and all) and be replaced with a bot. The killers usually ignore afkers completely until it is to their advantage to hook them just to find another survivor that isn't afk. This isn't fair to the survivors, kick them from the match and replace them with a bot. The same can be said for killers. Yes there is Insidious. I propose if the killer is not equipping insidious and is afk for as long as a three bird survivor, they should be replaced with a bot and have the DC penalty applied. At red tiers a killer not interacting with you makes it hard to safety, let alone get a pip.
- That being said, the DC penalty needs to be more. I think it should decay slower than it does (I don't know the decay rate but it definitely is too fast), that the first penalty should be one hour, the second penalty should be two hours, and the third should be 24 hours, etc. Have them take two weeks to decay. We need this to be so oppressive that people don't feel like they can just wait the DC penalty out while they spend their blood.
- Speaking of the blood web. We should be able to click on an end node and buy all items/perks/add-ons in the path to that end node. This would save us all a ton of time. At the moment leveling is a chore.
- Make the map list random. I like random. I HATE having to play the same map two or three matches in a row when nobody even brought an offering. Currently this happens every single day and it is absolutely NOT random. There are only five people in the match, so make the program check the last location all five players went to, and deny it choosing those locations as an option.
- Fix totem placements on all maps. A few maps have pretty good placements because this was the number one priority for a long time like Treatment Theater, and Dead Dawg Saloon. Every map since the Saloon has totems out in the wide open field with little-to-no visual obstructions whatsoever. I am specifically talking more about Garden of Joy than Eyrie of Crows (which is not great but not the worst for totems). The Garden has the most bad totem placements, and it is also really common to have three or more totems spawn in the corner next to the shack. Meaning all of the killer's lit totems or the survivor's boon spots could be out in the wide open and easy to find. Why did you stop prioritizing this BHVR?!
Finally, I'd like to thank BHVR again for listening to the players sometimes. The new prestige system, and the cut to costs in the bloodweb are things we all wanted and asked for for a very long time. THANK YOU!
While I'm sure not everyone agrees that the suggestions I've made are the best, I think they would improve the game more than leaving things as they are. If you think that you have a better suggestion to fix the issues I mentioned, speak up!
Comments