Agency for Daily Challenges

Hey,

I'm a Game Producer at EA, so this feedback goes with the best of intentions from a Game Dev to other Game Devs. I've playing this game regularly since August (I've put like 300 hours). I've made my way up to Iridescent 1 on my first month, but the guys I was playing with decided not to continue and ranking solo is harder (since I'm not great at looping) so I'm on Gold right now and that was just to give some context.

I've noticed that daily challenges are more often than not related to Killers (usually I get a Killer Challenge 4 our of 5 times, maybe a little bit more) but I'm a Survivor main, so I delete one every day to see if I can get a Survivor Challenge instead. Then when I have 3 Killer challenges accumulated and none to delete, MAYBE I'll decide to do one of those if its on a Killer I enjoy playing, to see if I can get a new challenge related to Survivors.

If I have no Killer Challenge available for a Killer that I enjoy, I will be very reluctant to take any of those challenges. And if I do, I'll probably won't have much fun, since playing certain Killers can either be a pain if you're not used to it's mechanics (Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Bubba, etc.), or not familiar with it's style (e.g: if you don not protect a certain area with Hag, Trapper, or injure everyone with Legion, etc.) and the challenges will also take longer that Survivors ones, ussually requiring 3-4 games to achieve.

If this was on purpose to incentive players to play more Killer role, I would understand, but usually the BP Bonus I see available is for playing Survivors, so I don't think it's a matter related to in game economy or player distribution.

This could perhaps be also on purpose to balance the use of certain non meta Killers that are not played enough, but even though I've unlocked most, the challenges I usually get are for Wraith, Trapper & Hillbilly.

This could also be made to get more non main Killers to play them in order to have more novice Killers available on the lower ranks, and I would understand that subtle use of a game mechanic.

But if none of those reasons apply, then maybe it would be a good idea to give the players some agency, like you've started doing on the Compendium and let them select if the daily challenge can be related to Survivor or Killer.

As I said before, I'm more than happy with the economy balance within the game, but maybe this could help new players level the role they prefer the most, because right now I feel most novice players would appreciate a 30/50k bonus BP to complete a challenge, but after a couple of iterations then the challenge reward might not be enough to make them take that challenge on if the ordeal is not worth the prize.

Thanks!

Tom

Comments