It's been a real hot minute.

Hello there you fog Dwellers, it's been a real hot minute since i came back to dbd. i need some insights from the fellow players here per say.. saw some knight shtuff and kinda got alil happy with how he looks,

But how is dbd in this State rn, Before the knight update,

I need some info weather if i should come back to boolie the survivors or sit back and watch more gameplay per say,

Comments

  • If your MMR is average to low you can definitely bully survivors, but they are thinking of implementing MMR decay if you haven't been playing recently so it's easier to get back. I dunno if that will be implemented next update or will take a while though.

  • I would say.... the game remains the same so it's more of if you've got the mental side to play again

    The Knight has bugs (but that is normal at this point)

    The map is "miscolored" (it's too red to see scratch marks apparently)

    The new perks are decent but we'll see how long that lasts

    The perk changes went through but it's still Gen regression VS. Second chance (with more players opting to go for SWF play... Solo's aren't as good -From what I've seen-)

    BT became basekit (I think at 10 seconds)

    Killer recover faster from hits, DS was nerfed to 3 seconds, Killers can Kick faster (but not much)

    @dugman What's the perk stats again? (I can't remember them -stroke happened last year and I can't remember a lot-)

    Does that sound fun to you???

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I would say.... the game remains the same so it's more of if you've got the mental side to play again

    The Knight has bugs (but that is normal at this point)

    The map is "miscolored" (it's too red to see scratch marks apparently)

    The new perks are decent but we'll see how long that lasts

    The perk changes went through but it's still Gen regression VS. Second chance (with more players opting to go for SWF play... Solo's aren't as good -From what I've seen-)

    BT became basekit (I think at 10 seconds)

    Killer recover faster from hits, DS was nerfed to 3 seconds, Killers can Kick faster (but not much)

    @dugman What's the perk stats again? (I can't remember them -stroke happened last year and I can't remember a lot-)

    Does that sound fun to you???

    Fun? My boy where i'm from, Fun never existed outside of single player, dbd is a hybrid of fun / anger / mixed emotion. =D

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252382#Comment_3252382

    Fun? My boy where i'm from, Fun never existed outside of single player, dbd is a hybrid of fun / anger / mixed emotion. =D

    Where did I imply that the game is fun... And I asked "does that sound fun to you"

    And is that all you got out of my post?

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I would say.... the game remains the same so it's more of if you've got the mental side to play again

    The Knight has bugs (but that is normal at this point)

    The map is "miscolored" (it's too red to see scratch marks apparently)

    The new perks are decent but we'll see how long that lasts

    The perk changes went through but it's still Gen regression VS. Second chance (with more players opting to go for SWF play... Solo's aren't as good -From what I've seen-)

    BT became basekit (I think at 10 seconds)

    Killer recover faster from hits, DS was nerfed to 3 seconds, Killers can Kick faster (but not much)

    @dugman What's the perk stats again? (I can't remember them -stroke happened last year and I can't remember a lot-)

    Does that sound fun to you???

    Sorry to hear about the stroke. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Anyway, sounds like you're asking what the pick rates are for perks? Just based on Nightlight, the top ten survivor and killer perks over the last two weeks are below

    image.png

    Note that the top most used perk numbers are still lower after the rework than the top perks before it. For instance, Dead Hard had a 41% pick rate before the rework on Nightlight versus its 29.6% now. Likewise Barbeque and Chili had a 40% pick rate before the rework versus its 24% now. So basically there's obviously still top perks that are a lot more popular than average but the gap between the very top and the average did narrow.

  • @dugman

    Thanks... And I am fine now... It's been a year and a half since it happened

    And Thanks for putting it up... it helps a lot

    Funny enough I don't see Overcharge up there... But Call Of Brine and Eruption are up there

    Lethal Pursuer doesn't surprise me much

    Jolt is kinda surprising though

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252402#Comment_3252402

    Where did I imply that the game is fun... And I asked "does that sound fun to you"

    And is that all you got out of my post?

    Nah. just the dbd community still is a rough one 'ere. didn't mean to be a ass or anything bud,

    apologies if you think i was takin' the piss or somethin', per say..

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252382#Comment_3252382

    Sorry to hear about the stroke. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Anyway, sounds like you're asking what the pick rates are for perks? Just based on Nightlight, the top ten survivor and killer perks over the last two weeks are below

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/52JGBR8GCBG6/image.png

    Note that the top most used perk numbers are still lower after the rework than the top perks before it. For instance, Dead Hard had a 41% pick rate before the rework on Nightlight versus its 29.6% now. Likewise Barbeque and Chili had a 40% pick rate before the rework versus its 24% now. So basically there's obviously still top perks that are a lot more popular than average but the gap between the very top and the average did narrow.

    ngl. its odd not seeing Ds up there anymore.. but still funny to see Dh up there...joy,

    @RaSavage42 said:

    @dugman

    Thanks... And I am fine now... It's been a year and a half since it happened

    And Thanks for putting it up... it helps a lot

    Funny enough I don't see Overcharge up there... But Call Of Brine and Eruption are up there

    Lethal Pursuer doesn't surprise me much

    Jolt is kinda surprising though

    oh and hope you've been recovering well on the stroke, sorry to also hear bout that man,

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    @dugman

    Thanks... And I am fine now... It's been a year and a half since it happened

    And Thanks for putting it up... it helps a lot

    Funny enough I don't see Overcharge up there... But Call Of Brine and Eruption are up there

    Lethal Pursuer doesn't surprise me much

    Jolt is kinda surprising though

    Yeah, Overcharge just missed being in the top ten, it's 8.8% pick rate.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252423#Comment_3252423

    Nah. just the dbd community still is a rough one 'ere. didn't mean to be a ass or anything bud,

    apologies if you think i was takin' the piss or somethin', per say..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252433#Comment_3252433

    ngl. its odd not seeing Ds up there anymore.. but still funny to see Dh up there...joy,

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252454#Comment_3252454

    oh and hope you've been recovering well on the stroke, sorry to also hear bout that man,

    Yea... I get it... but "where I from" sounded kinda insulting IMO

    I'm doing fine but remembering stuff and sometimes when I talk I forget what the conversation was about... And when I walk my right arm doesn't swing naturally and my right leg hesitates taking the step

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252454#Comment_3252454

    Yeah, Overcharge just missed being in the top ten, it's 8.8% pick rate.

    Oh ok then... fair enough

    With the way people talk about it I thought it was used more (same with Eruption)

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252687#Comment_3252687

    Oh ok then... fair enough

    With the way people talk about it I thought it was used more (same with Eruption)

    Well they're both used a lot more than average (the average is 3-4%). I think Overcharge is used a little less than Call of Brine because it's riskier, if the survivors don't have a problem hitting its skill check and if they can typically stabilize a kicked generator within about 12 seconds or so then Overcharge is actually worse than kicking a gen with no perk at all. It's only better than Call of Brine when survivors fail its checks and let it sit on gens a really long time.

  • Overcharge is only good with Call of Brine but Call of Brine is perfectly good on it's own, that's probably the reason.