Revisit "Kill Your Friends" and fix it up!

Dead by Daylight is a game that is probably the most fun to play with friends. Am I right? Survive With Friends is probably notorious with killers for being increasingly difficult due to their teams having some method of coordination. But what if we wanted to face our own friends? Well, we have Kill Your Friends, Dead by Daylight's version of private matches. And is it good? The answer is in theory. Kill Your Friends is the buggiest version of the game you could possibly find. From frame drops to teleporting, to characters completely freezing, the list goes on. What I ask is that the devs try and devote some time into fixing this mode. I'm going to point out as many bugs as I can at this very moment, feel free to comment any bugs I may have missed so we can hopefully have Kill Your Friends buffed.

  1. First off, the most annoying bug is pretty major and I think I see the problem. While playing as Killer in KYF while you are NOT the host, you will experience an absurd amount of lag and delays. You could swing your weapon at a survivor and it wouldn't even look like it connects. Not only that, it takes a few seconds for the game to realize it is a successful hit before registering it to the survivor.
    Another big thing is grabbing. This is probably the most common and annoying thing that occurs, especially when playing as killers like The Spirit or The Pig, who can grab survivors very effectively. When attempting a grab, it will take about 3 whole seconds before the animation finishes and the grab is performed. BUT if the survivor moves during those 3 seconds, the Killer will be stuck in the animation(looking very dumb from the survivor's perspective), and the grab will not succeed.
    Some killers have abilities that last for a limited time, such as The Spirit and The Legion. A bug that occurs is simple. Activate Phase Walk and you'll have almost triple the amount of stamina since the game seemingly doesn't care to pull you out of that mode since you ran out. Eventually, it will run out, but not when it's intended. The same goes for Feral Frenzy. The Killer will have an almost infinite duration while using this ability, but it will also not play the animation it's supposed to do(it'll look like The Legion is just sliding across the ground, not even moving their legs).
    The problem here is likely how the game works specifically online, where the Killer is usually host, but since a Survivor is the host this time, the game gets confused and doesn't function the way it's supposed to. This is evident because when the host plays as Killer, their game works just fine. Not only that, but the survivors also have a much better connection and less lag.

  2. Second, is perks not working. Some perks on the roster don't work the way they're supposed to and some don't even work at all. I'm mainly looking at Decisive Strike, a perk that is strong but WILL NOT function unless the host is the Killer. Another perk that I wish would work is Dead Hard, which doesn't remove the hitbox of the Survivor as intended when activated while still hitting them with the Exhausted status effect.

  3. Third, is a small thing that I find quite annoying sometimes. At the end of each round, as a Survivor(or Killer, not confirmed), if you have been sacrificed or killed, your item and offerings disappear. They appear to be on your loadout on the lobby screen but when the game starts, the offering isn't submitted and the item is non-existent.

  4. Fourth is simply all the random glitches that can occur in Kill Your Friends so easily. If you've ever seen an OchiDO video before, then you'll understand. Things such as: animation derps; falling out of the map; flying into the sky; standing on objects not intended... Jeez, the list goes on. Just please try and devote some time into making this mode a little more reliable for us players. Private matches are the best when it comes to having a big group of friends that is bigger than four people. Just do us a favor and give it a go.

Comments

  • I can attest to #1. I notice this every time I play KYF. Huntress is borderline unplayable with the amount of frame drops/lag when throwing a hatchet. Freddy is also very strange in KYF, the sound and VFX of using your power is different and very bugged.

  • I've run into a number of these issues myself. Getting stuck in a grab animation seems to be the most common thing I've had.

  • I'm sure this would change once the dedicated servers are in use.