Devs: Game crashing and I’m getting DC timer
My game crashed on me as I was loading into the match. Match hadn’t even started and I still got a DC timer even though it was server side issue. I even got the crash report on my screen showing it wasn’t me. I’ve been seeing a lot of people complain about this.
Are you guys gonna turn the timer off again until this is fixed? Not fair for us to be punished for something out of our control.
Comments
Well when the program recognizes it as a server/system sided crash it shouldn't give a penalty.
But anything else is just indistinguishable from each other and can't be made an exception.
I wish server issues didn't apply the penalty either, but the devs have said it cannot distinguish between those connection problems or the player closing the game/pulling the plug/whatever.
They seemed to be able to do that before when they turned off the timer because of the crashing issues when the event began.
plus if we can provide screenshots of the crash report then that should show that it’s not us.
That's what I mean when i said "when the game itself detects it" aka gives a server crash notification specifying it not being a problem with just the connection or a clientside problem.
WHEN the system detects it. I know that simple connection loses, short blackouts, pulling the plug, shutting down the wifi/router and so on are all indistinguishable from each other and have to be penalized.
No, they turned the penalty off exactly because they normally CAN'T differentiate in most cases and just had unusually many crashes..
Maybe for PC, but the consoles don't get crash report pages, or anything else really. And that's still by far the larger playerbase.
Occasionally it's a "Disconnected from Host" message, but most times it's just back to the main menu for us, wondering what tf happened.
I'm having a penalty only when my internet turned off.
When it was crashes, I don't have any penalty tho.