Was the legion patch also the console optimization patch?

I really hope this isn’t the case. I’m playing on a ps4 pro and killer is terrible. The closer I get to survivors the lower the frames get. When they are up in my face they skip around and it’s beyond easy to completely lose them. Please tell me it’s gonna get better. I love this game and console is all I got. 

Comments

  • AshleyWB said:
    Yes?
    This scares me and makes me sad :(
  • AshleyWB said:
    Yes?
    This scares me and makes me sad :(
    No, it is a work in progress. The optimization is still to come.
  • lol "optimization" patch.

  • I really hope this isn’t the case. I’m playing on a ps4 pro and killer is terrible. The closer I get to survivors the lower the frames get. When they are up in my face they skip around and it’s beyond easy to completely lose them. Please tell me it’s gonna get better. I love this game and console is all I got. 
    I've not experienced this at ALL on my pro. Only the game crashing occasionally since the update. 
  • Forget it.
    Mcote said on dev stream "It's a PASS not a PATCH" which means they pass it.
    Because honestly ... what is PASS in development/game term ?

  • The game looks and plays waaaay better for me on the one x. Textures look to be 1440p and mostly runs at what looks like 60fps so I reckon this is the optimization patch
  • I haven't heard if this was intended to be the optimization patch, but the game has been running much better for me since the update on PS4 Pro. I wouldn't call it perfect by any sense, but a definite improvement.

  • @Dreamnomad said:
    I haven't heard if this was intended to be the optimization patch, but the game has been running much better for me since the update on PS4 Pro. I wouldn't call it perfect by any sense, but a definite improvement.

    Agreed with you there, but scratch marks, sound and the new maps need some fixing.

  • @Dreamnomad said:
    I haven't heard if this was intended to be the optimization patch, but the game has been running much better for me since the update on PS4 Pro. I wouldn't call it perfect by any sense, but a definite improvement.

    Agreed with you there, but scratch marks, sound and the new maps need some fixing.

    Honestly the only thing I've noticed was the game freezing and crashing occasionally. At random times too, never the same trigger.
  • Iceman said:
    AshleyWB said:
    Yes?
    This scares me and makes me sad :(
    No, it is a work in progress. The optimization is still to come.
    Well, that’s hopeful at least. 
  • What happened is they lied to every console player. Months ago they said there would be small fixes leading up to a big optimization patch in December. Then, the dev stream yesterday we were told, there would be no big optimization patch that it's an overtime type of deal. So were still back at square one. With different lighting and more game crashes.