Better than New

Since Better than new only affects healing, chest, and totems, and is only 16% I see no reason why it only affects other survivors. Like that would be a max of 16% on a self heal that you lose when you lose a health state so 16% healing others, opening chests and cleansing totems. I get why its so low because theoritically it can give a 64% bonus to someone if 2 people both pick and heal someone but the perk is so weak atm I dont think I could see a single reason why someone would ever run it.

Comments

  • Nerfed before it ever even made it to live. Same with Reassurance. And people complain on the forums about Hyperfocus. Poor Rebecca can’t catch a break.

    Maybe it could give a small (2%) haste effect to the survivor until their next injury, too? It definitely needs something more.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Bhvr really seems to love chest opening.

    And yet at the same time, they nerfed Pharmacy to only work while injured.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Nerfed before it ever even made it to live. Same with Reassurance. And people complain on the forums about Hyperfocus. Poor Rebecca can’t catch a break.

    Maybe it could give a small (2%) haste effect to the survivor until their next injury, too? It definitely needs something more.

    So basically a better dark theory? Lol

  • I’d say different! Dark Theory needs a buff too though!

  • @Sharpefern said:

    Since Better than new only affects healing, chest, and totems, and is only 16% I see no reason why it only affects other survivors. Like that would be a max of 16% on a self heal that you lose when you lose a health state so 16% healing others, opening chests and cleansing totems. I get why its so low because theoritically it can give a 64% bonus to someone if 2 people both pick and heal someone but the perk is so weak atm I dont think I could see a single reason why someone would ever run it.

    Meme because nice little icon or for adept, that's about it

    Tbh I wouldn't mind if the perk had a side bonus like 25% healing speed when healing others and ignores mangled (not hemorrhage, just mangled, so it becomes like botany but only in niche scenario, if too op the healing bonus can be lowered to like 15 or 20%)

    Also does not apply when self healing, just when healing others