Major lag issues - if you're good at technology please help

So I have lag issues whenever I play this game (and PUBG). I'm giving the example of these two because this does not happen for me on any other games. Whenever I play DBD (or PUBG), I get huge lag spikes during the most crucial aspect of the game - getting hit by killer, or hitting a survivor. Pretty much the rest of the game runs smoothly but obviously this has caused me getting downed easily many times. It has also made me randomly disconnect from matches. This doesn't happen in other games, I can be in Wintergrasp in WoW Classic with 240 players and a lot are complaining about lag and I have barely any or none. I don't understand why it is just this game primarily. I am trying to figure out if it is my internet or something else. I did a speed test it ran at 41 mbps which seemed normal and it has a download speed of up to 200 and upload of up to 10. If it was truly my internet I'd think it'd be affecting other games too. It lags so bad on DBD to the point where I cannot have the internet open with a youtube video running or twitch (they must be paused). Especially twitch, that will make it lag like crazy. And attempting to stream makes the game barely even function since it lags so bad. I have been accused of being a lag switcher and someone even wrote on my steam profile that I purposely caused them to dc which I don't know how that's possible anymore since dedicated servers existed. I assumed they disconnected on their end. I have googled the issue and a common solution is the reinstall the game which I have done several times and it has not fixed the issue. Anyway I am just trying to figure out what the issue is here and if anyone could help me out since it is mostly this game that causes it. Thanks

Comments

  • @nicolina13 said:

    So I have lag issues whenever I play this game (and PUBG). I'm giving the example of these two because this does not happen for me on any other games. Whenever I play DBD (or PUBG), I get huge lag spikes during the most crucial aspect of the game - getting hit by killer, or hitting a survivor. Pretty much the rest of the game runs smoothly but obviously this has caused me getting downed easily many times. It has also made me randomly disconnect from matches. This doesn't happen in other games, I can be in Wintergrasp in WoW Classic with 240 players and a lot are complaining about lag and I have barely any or none. I don't understand why it is just this game primarily. I am trying to figure out if it is my internet or something else. I did a speed test it ran at 41 mbps which seemed normal and it has a download speed of up to 200 and upload of up to 10. If it was truly my internet I'd think it'd be affecting other games too. It lags so bad on DBD to the point where I cannot have the internet open with a youtube video running or twitch (they must be paused). Especially twitch, that will make it lag like crazy. And attempting to stream makes the game barely even function since it lags so bad. I have been accused of being a lag switcher and someone even wrote on my steam profile that I purposely caused them to dc which I don't know how that's possible anymore since dedicated servers existed. I assumed they disconnected on their end. I have googled the issue and a common solution is the reinstall the game which I have done several times and it has not fixed the issue. Anyway I am just trying to figure out what the issue is here and if anyone could help me out since it is mostly this game that causes it. Thanks

    If you're on PC go to your graphics settings in the DBD menu and turn it to low and turn auto adjust on, then in your PC go to your power settings and pick a power plan that prefers high performance over energy saving , also check if the graphics card needs a driver update for example if you use Nvidia pull up the gforce experience and search for a driver update outside of that the only thing I can think of is to clear up some hard drive space or make sure you don't have multiple programs running