DC penalty
I just quit a game as killer since I was lagging and couldn't really play well. I got 30 seconds DC penalty instead of the classic 5 minutes. Is it normal?
I just quit a game as killer since I was lagging and couldn't really play well. I got 30 seconds DC penalty instead of the classic 5 minutes. Is it normal?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Ive gotten 30 second penalties before, mostly from when I was getting DC from Host crashes back to back :/
No, I don't think that's supposed to happen. But it did happen to me recently, so. Might be a bug.
The few times I've had to leave matches due to server lag, I've only received 30 second penalties. Maybe people who do it regularly are set at 5min to start, whereas those who rarely DC are set to 30 seconds to start.
If so that's good to me. I never DC unless it's a hacker or I lag so much where I can't even play the game (remind you that we still can't see our ping in pre lobby).
I also had a DC-penalty way below 5 minutes yesterday when I crashed. I restarted DBD and had no penalty in the Lobby, so I thought they disabled it again. But might have been 30 seconds as well, since the restart took longer than 30 seconds.
It seems like the first DC penalty is only about a minute now.
I was playing with friends yesterday and one of them DCd part way through a game. The rest of us played it out but only for about 2-3 minutes, then there was no penalty left in the next lobby.
Couple games later same friend DCs again, and we get a 5m penalty.
This seems fair to me:
1st DC = 1m warning
2nd DC = 5m slap on the wrist
3rd DC+ = Significant time out