Onryô: An Idea For Consistent Condemnation
For all that the recent Kill Rates strongly suggest Sadako is a lot stronger than people have given her credit for, it doesn't change the fact that one of her glaring weaknesses is the fact she can't take force survivors to interact with her power the way killers like Pinhead, Wesker, or Nemesis can. You ignore what they do to do at your peril, but not the Sadako.
To this end, a fairly simple solution I'm sure has come up before comes to mind: hits done after manifesting inflict a small amount of Condemned on the hit Survivor something like a half- or quarter bar's worth.
This forces survivors to take time to cleanse condemnation using tapes or risk the next hit they take making them vulnerable for the kill.
Also the Iri addon that resets TVs on manifest hits does that instead of increasing Condemned.
Think this might make the Onryô condemnation more consistent to her value out of?
Comments
The problem here is that you're using basekit sadako, almost impossible to build up condemned with that
Try iri tape and ring drawing and teleport everywhere, and leave survivors on the ground so they are forced to be healed instead of hooking them
Works like a charm
I feel you've misunderstood what I'm going for here.
The idea is to find a way to make Condemnation more consistent precisely because it's difficult to do without such a build, and to do so by adjusting what Sadako has currently. I'm not asking for tips on how to do it with how she is right now.
With the idea I'm suggesting basically every down is a potential bar of Condemned. I'm not sure if it could be 1 Manifest Hit = 1 Bar of Condemned, that feels like too much, but Manifest hits adding to it is my suggestion to be able to add Condemned without needing a whole build devoted solely to it.
We've been asking for sadako buffs for a long while now, I doubt they will change their minds anytime soon but at least it's possible with the build
your idea would make sense if dev balanced around killer gameplay. Unfortunately they balance off kill-statistics. Sadako has too high-kill statistic for dev's. I suggested that idea already on forum. it would help reduce dependency on add-on's.