Questioning killer matchmaking
So people say playing at night is better fun fact it's not all I get is over skilled survivors...seriously how am I their skill level if I may ask because I don't see myself doing on good match then after nothing but high skill survivors I don't get how that's fair. I do garbage in one round and then get my *** handed to me the next...HOW IS THIS FAIR? What time of day is best then because I seriously don't know anymore playing killer is no longer fun it's now just a time of just pure torment and wanting to break my TV because hit detection always goes to the survivor and not the killer,I'm always dealing with SWF or high skill survivors so I just do the simple thing go to the corner of the map and wait for the match to be over because that supposedly lowers your MMR when in reality it doesn't it just makes me deal with more BS.
Comments
Probably got yourself above the softcap for MMR. Anyone above the cap can be paired with anyone else above the cap even if they are massively higher than you in MMR. Best thing I can recommend is go for hooking each survivor once or twice and then letting them all go. This will lower your MMR eventually to the point where you will notice that instead of losing every single game with only a few hooks to show for it, you start consistently having everyone on deathook by the time a couple gens are left.
This is what I did to get out of getting my butt handed to me most games. I manage my MMR pretty carefully so I stay in a comfortable zone where I can play pretty hard and have a better than even chance to win. As I get better and games get easier, I let my MMR rise to keep me challenged, but if it gets too rough, I meme it out a few games to get it back where I want it. The main thing I try to do is always secure one kill, but also always let the last person go if I'm winning. This keeps my MMR from getting out of control too fast. There are special exceptions of course, but generally that's how I play.
Aside from that, time to play really depends on platform, region, and crossplay, but weekday evenings work best for me in NA on Steam with crossplay on.
There's not that many people over the softcap, the estimate we came up with was something like 6%. The more likely reason for mismatches is backfills and swfs where someone in the swf is super high level compared to their friends.
Are you sure? I'm was under the impression that a lot of killer's at least are over the soft cap.
I keep getting ridiculous matches too. Three games with two sacrifices total.
Yeah, I’m fairly sure that’s a myth. Before they lowered the cap the devs mentioned that only something like 1% of players were over the old soft cap and the MMRs follow a typical bell curve. From that and another MMR chart we estimated it’s something like a mean of about 1000 and standard deviation of 400 to produce the old 1% figure. At those parameters the current lower cap is at about the 6% mark.