Give us BP for our Arcane Dowsing Rods after the event

We're forced to grab all of these Arcane Dowsing Rods for this year's Halloween event, just like we had to grab the Pustula Petals for the Midnight Grove event. What sucks is that you can't even use them past the event.

I use the Dowsing Rod in every match because BP offerings are bugged right now, and somehow I still have over 110 of them on just my Cheryl alone. That's over 220,000 BP I was forced to invest in, because they're in my way in the bloodweb to getting other things I actually want, like Medkits or Toolboxes. That's 220,000 BP i will never get back and never be able to get value out of because these are event limited offerings.

Why not remove them from our inventory after the event ends and compensate us with the BP amount that we spent on the ones that went unused? Even if we were able to use them in a future Halloween event, they'd be back in the bloodwebs, so it's not as though we would miss out on being able to use them.

Comments

  • I am not leveling up my Killers for the sole reason I do no want the event items in my inventory, both the Offering and the Add-on. As for Survivors I am avoiding the Offerings as much as I can but even so wind up with far too many of them.

    It is a design failure when people go out of their way to avoid what was done.

    The main problem is their "THIS EVENT ONLY!!!!!!" status. I get that the Void Rifts won't be around forever but the Event Only Offerings and Add-ons should do something after the event. I don't care if they are converted directly into BP or are just turned into other Offerings or Add-ons. Turn the Offerings into either Escape Cakes or Survivor Puddings depending on the side and allow the Blight Serum to be used outside of the Halloween Events and everything is good. I don't even really see why the Serum is event only, not like what it does is actually tied to the event itself.

    I'm really considering NOT PLAYING because I don't want these items AND I don't want to waste Bloodpoints by playing while over the cap. But I can't spend my BP because I don't want the Offering.

    Of course another option is to just remove the Bloodpoint cap so we don't have to spend it during the event. The devs could make it that the cap is only removed while in the event is going on, that way people can still play in the event but not have to get Offerings and Add-ons they don't want.

    Another option is giving the players the option to disable event nodes in their Bloodwebs. There are so many ways to make it so people are not FORCED to engage with things they don't want.

  • I came here to make this exact post too. Thanks for being a step ahead of me!

    I too am afraid that they will just killswitch them and leave them in our inventories without compensating us for the BPs we were forced to spend on them.