The Chosen

So, it’s that time of something or other where I wonder if Claudette is the right choice for my survivor main. Killers are easy to choose a main choice for due to the gameplay being the primary focus on that side (so the Spirit and Legion are my absolute faves, the Spirit has an awesome design and the Legion’s similarities to survivors in terms of mobility is an idea I’ve had and suggested for a very long time). 

Survivors are, as Tru3 says, just skins. However, this game has a complicated relationship with skins. From the bands of people wanting physics on Feng’s skirt to those saying Claudette is invisible. So I’m looking comprehensively at all of the survivors, to try and decide which is my favourite.

Technical - some survivors have cloth/thread/hair physics which can act out at times and any glitches might cause your discovery or other issues. 
For me Nea would be great in avoiding these issues as many of her cosmetics do not have any physics.

Gameplay - some survivors (cough cough Claudette cough cough (I love Claudette, even if I am throwing shade)) have cosmetics that make them visibly very indistinguishable to the unwary killer. And the characters’ physical frames can also determine how easy they are to discover.
For me Claudette would be brilliant due to her multitude of darker clothing options. Though if I wanted to catch someone’s attention I’d definitely say a full pink Tennis Meg. 

Lore - all of the survivors have a story to tell, there’s no denying it. A personality, a history that some might resonate with. 
Nea resonates with me because, oh my, I am a very misunderstood person and am very much intrigued by art. But so does Jeff, mind you, and he’s been mentioned as having a big heart.

What do you think?
Do cosmetics give you an advantage?
What made you choose your main?
Why did you choose that character?

I would love to see those at BHVR also have some input, and anyone else for that matter. 

Comments

  • You wanna be invisible, play Claudette with dark clothing.

    Otherwise, just pick someone with a look that you like.
  • Only Claudette is worth mentioning when it comes to advantages that survivors have.

    Also, female survivors have more advantage over male survivors due to their size.

    I mained Meg because she was a runner and I thought she was faster than other survivors o_O

    Then I mained Claudette due to her looks. I love how her scared face looks like not because of stealth aspect. I use bright colors anyway.

    Now I main Jeff because of his purchasable skin. I am having a blast with him.

  • I use to play her for the camouflage advantage, but even at rank 1 you don’t really need it. I’ve been maining Kate since she released and she sticks out like a sore thumb but it’s never been an issue because I always run Urban Evasion which is imo the best stealth perk to use when hiding. Just crouch walk out of the killers Line-of-Sight and it will usually work, unless they hear your footsteps lol.
  • Star99er said:
    I use to play her for the camouflage advantage, but even at rank 1 you don’t really need it. I’ve been maining Kate since she released and she sticks out like sore thumb but it’s never been an issue because I always run Urban Evasion which is imo the best stealth perk.
    I’ll have to disagree with you there. Calm Spirit is OP but only against a Doctor. It literally shuts off his ability to zap out your location.
  • I don't know why I've been drawn to Claudette since day 1. Not because of the color of her clothes or skin or whatever I just like her. Her story, her self heal, her "Ooo" when she gets picked up.
    As a killer, I care a little more about her and ffffff the rest.

  • I don't know why I've been drawn to Claudette since day 1. Not because of the color of her clothes or skin or whatever I just like her. Her story, her self heal, her "Ooo" when she gets picked up.
    As a killer, I care a little more about her and ffffff the rest.

    I suppose that’s brought up another point. Kate’s voice (who I thought I’d have as a second main) goes straight through me, in a bad metaphorical way. Claudette was my choice as well on day 1. It might of been Meg but I assumed she was a distraction character, and I always prefer playing a healer.