Change the (EXPLETIVE) Hatch.
Just finished a match attempting to gain the Adept Legion achievement. The hatch mechanic put me into a situation where I couldn't kill one without letting the other escape.
1 person had gotten to the point that if I slugged them any more they would bleed out after a few seconds so I couldn't slug them again. The second was a very stealthy individual making it difficult to find them with the legion's limited tracking ability.
2 gens needed to be done, but I allowed them to finish the furthest one so I could patrol the 3 nearest gens easily. They played smart and tried to split my attention in order to finish the last gen, but I knew what they were trying to do and hit them with frenzy to distract them.
This ridiculous back and forth wouldn't have been a problem if the hatch was not so survivor sided. At this point in the match I had the upper hand and they were not getting out, but one would have if I took steps to sacrifice one giving up my chance at the achievement.
Why isn't the hatch and endgame scenario a higher priority? While this is an extreme case due to trying for an achievement and the survivors were all champs for not dc'ing, no one had fun.
In the end I gave up and hooked one to give the hatch, but they were far enough away that I was able to frenzy, end, get stunned, run to the hatch at 110%, down the person, and pick them up just as the hatch opened.
This match was 42 minutes long and will be up on YouTube tomorrow...
Put the hatch changes at the top of your flipping lists.
PS give Survivors the Blind status effect if they're in a locker. If a killer can't see auras inside one, they shouldn't be able to see auras out.
Time to edit this monstrosity.
EDIT: Finished.
https://youtu.be/F39u44HbUAM
Comments
It's because the devs are afraid of the massive Survivor backlash. Making the Hatch not a free escape would almost certainly result in a massive review bombing of the game.
This is the problem.
Survivor fun is the most important thing for the developers. Survivors are the majority.
Heck, even the developers themselves are survivor players based upon how they behave.. apart from maybe not_queen. They're so delusional about what's happening inside the game they're developing. So disconnected.
Needed because you can't rely on your team members and give the chance to escape to someone who earned it is needed
Abused because people would dc, die on hook by purpose etc to give the hatch
Plus stand offs are annoying for both sides and pretty unnecessary but they scraped the closing hatch idea. Isn't simple, the whole end game should be changed and to make it hard to be abused isn't an easy task
When you play a lot of survivor you start to appriciate the hatch after you play your 10th game where some tool disconnects a minute into the game. It gives the remaining survivors a chance at escaping.
Also survivors dont have blindness while inside a locker? #########, how could they overlook that???
I guess the whole history of gaming isn't enough
Added the video for funsies.