The MMR is wild.

I played four matches today before my fifth match.

3K as Artist

2K as Artist

1K as Artist

4K as Myers

All these matches were fun and close calls. loved doing the event and even going on long chases. But outside the first and last game I would’ve been considered trash. I figured I was just not using Artist to her full potential so I traded her out for Myers since his movie is coming out tomorrow.


Cut to after that match and the game put me in a match with 3 prestige 20-30 survivors. (My max prestige is 9) and a Reid that could shadow walk through pallets. Outside the cheater (who I did report) that team was way beyond my casual player base self. I only got a kill because one of them felt bad for me.


How did I jump from Casual to sweat city? Felt really awkward and brutal, I’m not mad at them by the way. It’s just I would’ve liked to have a match that was fun.

Comments

  • MMR do be wild like that at times.

    In part because of how MMR works - and in part because of how people play. Speaking of my own experience here but I for one am probably low-ish mid-mmr. Not because I'm particularly bad but because I don't care much for escaping - I mean, I do but I care more about fun and trying that stupid altruistic play or that meme build or whatever it is I decide to do for the fun of it but that is very likely gonna kill me. Which means my MMR is probs a good bit lower than it could be. And there are a lot of players like me out there.

    As killer I notice too when I start a new one and get from low MMR to this MMR bracket. The MMR number might not be too different but the skill on the other side is suddenly on a whole new level. Usually though, if you don't spot a bully squad, these teams tend to be kinda chill. They want a chase, they want to pull off their meme build or other ridiculous play and only once it's down to two or one gen things get a little sweaty at times. Then again, as killer I play pretty chill and probs over-fair as well and maybe they catch on and dial back a notch as well. Idk but I had the most fun against those kinds of teams.