Apparently playing the game is being sweaty now. (Small Rant)

I put on a gimmick build (botany, self-care, desperate measures, and bite the bullet), ran the killer around for a bit and pallet stun him once at shack and then he decides I'm being "sweaty" and slugs me out til I'm about to die and then hooks me while repeatedly hitting me on hook.

Not really sure how I slighted him, but god if only reporting these people did something.

Comments

  • @Crowman said:

    I put on a gimmick build (botany, self-care, desperate measures, and bite the bullet), ran the killer around for a bit and pallet stun him once at shack and then he decides I'm being "sweaty" and slugs me out til I'm about to die and then hooks me while repeatedly hitting me on hook.

    Not really sure how I slighted him, but god if only reporting these people did something.

    I wouldn't take it so personally tbh. Person could of had a bad day also lol though I reccomend not playing DBD or any other online game when you are in a bad mood. Play how you want!

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/350658/apparently-playing-the-game-is-being-sweaty-now-small-rant

    I wouldn't take it so personally tbh. Person could of had a bad day also lol though I reccomend not playing DBD or any other online game when you are in a bad mood. Play how you want!

    I'm not in a bad mood. Dude literally bitched at me in end game chat for being sweaty when he wanted to farm which I never saw an indication for.

    I solely posted this topic to vent and I just finished a good game.

  • >slugs me out til I'm about to die and then hooks me 

    haha i do it sometimes. so like if i manage to do it twice per match -- me happy.

  • Yeah, I don't get it.

    If the other side didn't BM, playing the game isn't a personal slight.

    I got my one and only death threat I've ever gotten in DbD today-- because two of my teammates were running the Deathslinger around really well. They were definitely a little cocky, but they weren't BMing, I was watching basically the entire time.

    He wasn't even doing that bad, he had like 6 hooks at the last gen. But he DC'd and went on a tirade until chat disconnected about us deserving to have at least one lethal accident.

    99% of people playing this game have a tiny fuse.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3228417#Comment_3228417

    I'm not in a bad mood. Dude literally bitched at me in end game chat for being sweaty when he wanted to farm which I never saw an indication for.

    I solely posted this topic to vent and I just finished a good game.

    Not you. I am talking about the other guy lol

  • @Crowman said:

    I put on a gimmick build (botany, self-care, desperate measures, and bite the bullet), ran the killer around for a bit and pallet stun him once at shack and then he decides I'm being "sweaty" and slugs me out til I'm about to die and then hooks me while repeatedly hitting me on hook.

    Not really sure how I slighted him, but god if only reporting these people did something.

    Were you BMing? Baiting him into chase, with the underlying tone of “you can’t catch me?”

    If you want to play cocky and run the killer, that’s fine…but, if it gets you slugged or hit on hook for doing so, that’s on you. Your “fun,” isn’t necessarily fun for the killer. Perhaps he thought you were trying to make him look like a joke.

  • you have to be on the hook after 30 seconds into the chase. anything else is bad manners according to the killers handbook.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/350658/apparently-playing-the-game-is-being-sweaty-now-small-rant

    Were you BMing? Baiting him into chase, with the underlying tone of “you can’t catch me?”

    If you want to play cocky and run the killer, that’s fine…but, if it gets you slugged or hit on hook for doing so, that’s on you. Your “fun,” isn’t necessarily fun for the killer. Perhaps he thought you were trying to make him look like a joke.

    No. I never bm any killer I play against. Map was storehouse, ran into the pig after finishing the first gen, ran to storehouse window and ran to the other window and with the distance I put in 15 void energy to get haste to help running the tile.

    They gave up, watched them get blast mined, then when they left I hopped on the gen and finished it. They got a down, put a rbt on the survivor and hooked them. Now 3 gens have been done and then I ran then around shack for the next gen. Only went down cuz I ended up running to dead tiles (the new double window tile with no pallet) in the corner of the map.

    My experience is that killers don't simply bm survivors because they got bm'd.

  • This is hillarious.

    And yes, playing normally is considered sweaty. Should be common knowledge after all those complains about killer playstyles.

  • dbd attracts some people who tend to be unstable and irrational; anything can be perceived as a personal slight. It's why my policy typically is to not engage with people because there is nothing productive to say, because everything said is just them lashing out and blaming everything around them so there's nothing to reason with.

    Sorry about your matches, those kind of days are rough :/