Who would like the option instead of “thumbs up” to have the ability to gift fellow players 5-25 shards? Possibly even a small message box or a prewritten message-
I think it would be a great change for sure! Definitely gives people the incentive to play less toxic then many play now. If you’re a good killer then definitely GG here are some Shards same thing with good teammates!
On console it's very rare for people to play with crossplay off. On the few occasions I have played with it off as I was playing with a streamer who seemed insistent on it, we ran into the same killers every time (2 or 3 different people).
So, it wouldn't be too hard to just lobby dodge until you get your friend, then let them kill you. Rinse and repeat. Works even better if no other killer has cross play off during that time cause then its just rapid in out in out.
Obviously this could be countered easily by making you only able to like each unique person once every 24 hours, otherwise 100 free shards a match, every match that ends pretty quickly. I'd say you could be getting 100 shards every 5 minutes so 1200 an hour. Not great but people would abuse it given the chance.
On console it's very rare for people to play with crossplay off. On the few occasions I have played with it off as I was playing with a streamer who seemed insistent on it, we ran into the same killers every time (2 or 3 different people).
So, it wouldn't be too hard to just lobby dodge until you get your friend, then let them kill you. Rinse and repeat. Works even better if no other killer has cross play off during that time cause then its just rapid in out in out.
Obviously this could be countered easily by making you only able to like each unique person once every 24 hours, otherwise 100 free shards a match, every match that ends pretty quickly. I'd say you could be getting 100 shards every 5 minutes so 1200 an hour. Not great but people would abuse it given the chance.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
5-25 is too small of a number tbh.
But I always thought there should be a mechanic like this.
I think it would be a great change for sure! Definitely gives people the incentive to play less toxic then many play now. If you’re a good killer then definitely GG here are some Shards same thing with good teammates!
Absolutely yes, it's a small thing but promotes and rewards being nice to others.
See and I think that would be awesome
Would I want it? Yes
Would it ever be implemented from a business standpoint + due to the fact that this could be somewhat abused? No
Can you explain how it would be abused?
On console it's very rare for people to play with crossplay off. On the few occasions I have played with it off as I was playing with a streamer who seemed insistent on it, we ran into the same killers every time (2 or 3 different people).
So, it wouldn't be too hard to just lobby dodge until you get your friend, then let them kill you. Rinse and repeat. Works even better if no other killer has cross play off during that time cause then its just rapid in out in out.
Obviously this could be countered easily by making you only able to like each unique person once every 24 hours, otherwise 100 free shards a match, every match that ends pretty quickly. I'd say you could be getting 100 shards every 5 minutes so 1200 an hour. Not great but people would abuse it given the chance.
Makes sense! Thanks for your input!