Sound, music, ambiance

long time player here, first of all I am certainly surprised that in 2022 there still isn’t an option to manage how loud this game actually is or has to be to hear foot steps. This game intentionally makes it extremely difficult to hear them. Why does music and environment effects have to be 1000x louder than any noise a survivor makes? It makes no sense to not have these options. I don’t want music slamming in my ear when I just want to hear where the survivors are. This game is so frustrating to play lately due to the fact that not only are gameplay queues that ACTUALLY help you in Chases super quiet, but it’s so inconsistent match to match. This game is going on 7 years and patch after patch there are still sound issues. What’s the deal?

Comments

  • Yeah a lot of sounds in dbd are ridiculously loud, like sacrificing a survivor, but some of them are intended to obstruct your hearing to an extent, like chase music. It's not there just to add to the atmosphere of the game but also so that hearing a survivor/killer in a chase isn't stupidly easy. I think a dev has said this before too.