New playing BP incentive system
What if they had an optional mode that forced the 4:1 ratio. You play 4 survivor rounds, one killer. For doing that full rotation you get some blood point hoard or some shards.
They have every person be set to one of five modes. On where it's four survivor matches and one killer, another where it's three survivor matches, one killer then one survivor. The next one would be one killer match sandwiched between two survivor matches and so on. In theory if everyone played this mode you'd have the 4:1 kept nearly perfectly.
It should be optional but it would be helpful to getting the ratio closer.
Comments
And why they should do that?
Incentives added for makes queues better and it is working perfectly already.
"Perfectly" isn't accurate. A system like this (if enough people used it) would make queue times between both roles identical. Killer queue times are SHORTER with the new system sure. But 100% is almost always on survivor which means it's nowhere NEAR the 4:1 ratio.
Bonus is on survivor because so much people are playing killer and queues needs more survivors for balance it. I can't see problem with that. If you need this bonus bp, you can play survivor.
No my point is a mode like I'm suggesting would further incentivize fixing the ratio, and would give non-mains (people who play both roles) a cool mode to be constantly working towards fixing the ratio.
If people were more consistently enticed by the bonus the existing system would work fine for that purpose. They aren't. This would both work better since it would be a greater incentive, and would have people who play both roles, do so in a ratio that is the most beneficial to queue times instead of just random however they feel.
You seem to be consistently missing the point. The current system hasn't even gotten NEAR the 4:1 ratio. It's great and all but this system would work a lot better, if probably less than perfect. It'd also just be a fun option for people who play both.
I think what you're suggesting would work really well at ensuring the ratio, but it kind of ignores the reason why the ratio is not naturally found. If people (even those who play both roles) wanted to squeeze one killer game between survivor games, then they would already do so, I think.
I play both roles (though quite a bit more survivor since I tend to play with a friend) but I don't switch roles in a same game session. I'll play 10 matches in a row of survivor, because when Friend and I are online at the same time, we make the most of it. I'll play 10 games in a row as killer because the first couple of games I'll still be warming up, and then I'm in the right headspace to play as specifically this killer for a while.
It's still worth a try, maybe having a juicier reward than BP incentives (iri shards) could make more people interested in switching more often ?