Should fog offerings be reworked?

I am not sure if anyone uses them, but if they're to be useful I feel they need some kind of co-ordination and a specific map to work. Like a dark map.


If I could rework them since their purpose seems to be stealth I would make them work on denying killer aura perks. Like if you bring a Faint Reagent you can deny 1 or 2 secs from an aura reading perk or something like that. Or make it a red offering if it's too strong, Idk. Or maybe make it so when a survivor brings one of those fogs, they are required to be closer to be revealed from an aura reading perk. Like if the killer's aura reading has a 32m range, the survivor can be registered as being 2m further than he really is. So if he's standing inside aura reading range at 31m but has brought this offering he does not appear as he is registered as being at 33m. Obviously if he is closer he will show up just fine. Or maybe they can have multiple uses. Like one of those offerings can deny 1 sec of aura reading. Another one can deny based on metres like in the example.

Faint Reagent: your aura appears as if it is 2m further than it really is. (doesn't stack)

Murky Reagent : everytime your aura is revealed the duration lasts 1 (or 2 secs) less as long as the aura reading ability extends 7 seconds. (doesn't stack)

Hazy Reagent: everyone's aura appears as if it is 2m further than it really is. (doesn't stack)

Clear Reagent: you see more clearly. Killers' terror radius increases by 1m. (personal).

Comments

  • I think the fog needs to be reworked period, it gave the game so much atmosphere, it looked better actually when the game first came out, how did it get downgraded? Why do the devs say "See you in the fog" when there isn't even any...

  • @My_Aespa said:

    I think the fog needs to be reworked period, it gave the game so much atmosphere, it looked better actually when the game first came out, how did it get downgraded? Why do the devs say "See you in the fog" when there isn't even any...

    Sometimes it doesn't even look like fog. Especially on the farm maps. Just weird black floaty stuff. The only thing I imagine it can hide or make difficult to see is probably Ghostface.

  • @My_Aespa said:

    I think the fog needs to be reworked period, it gave the game so much atmosphere, it looked better actually when the game first came out, how did it get downgraded? Why do the devs say "See you in the fog" when there isn't even any...

    This. Make fog and map atmosphere great again!

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    I am not sure if anyone uses them, but if they're to be useful I feel they need some kind of co-ordination and a specific map to work. Like a dark map.

    If I could rework them since their purpose seems to be stealth I would make them work on denying killer aura perks. Like if you bring a Faint Reagent you can deny 1 or 2 secs from an aura reading perk or something like that. Or make it a red offering if it's too strong, Idk. Or maybe make it so when a survivor brings one of those fogs, they are required to be closer to be revealed from an aura reading perk. Like if the killer's aura reading has a 32m range, the survivor can be registered as being 2m further than he really is. So if he's standing inside aura reading range at 31m but has brought this offering he does not appear as he is registered as being at 33m. Obviously if he is closer he will show up just fine. Or maybe they can have multiple uses. Like one of those offerings can deny 1 sec of aura reading. Another one can deny based on metres like in the example.

    Faint Reagent: your aura appears as if it is 2m further than it really is. (doesn't stack)

    Murky Reagent : everytime your aura is revealed the duration lasts 1 (or 2 secs) less as long as the aura reading ability extends 7 seconds. (doesn't stack)

    Hazy Reagent: everyone's aura appears as if it is 2m further than it really is. (doesn't stack)

    Clear Reagent: you see more clearly. Killers' terror radius increases by 1m. (personal).

    Make them like they used to be. I missed old fog, it used to ACTULLY LOOK LIKE FOG AND WAS VERY THICC like jane. The vets know what I'm talking about. I heard it was removed because of console players consoles explodi long but it didn't happen to me lmao

  • I remember newly reworked Lery used to be dark. The limp light from windows on corridor, you can see the windows' shadow shacking on the floor...

    Now Lery is bright light day.

  • If they're not gonna fix the fog (which they probably never will), yes. They're just wasting space and blood points in the blood web at this point.

  • Offerings as a whole need to be reworked.

  • I would love them to be useful again. Give us offerings to change the battle space.

    Day, night, and everything in between. Rain offerings come to mind...