BHVR, why is there a loophole around the DC penalty?

DCing incurs the respective DC penalty. AFKing and sandbagging are against rules and can eventually lead up to a permanent ban.

So why is there a penalty-free loophole via suiciding on hook to achieve the exact same result of quitting out?

Yes, you cannot force people to keep playing a match. That is not the point. They should not have a penalty-free loophole for quitting. You still want to quit anyways? Then DC. (Or AFK/sandbag at your own risk.)

In response to brainless nonsense like "well ackshyually maybe u shouldnt play stuff other ppl dont like then": They are not even remotely equivalent. That is comparing actively playing a part of the game to actively choosing to give up and quit playing the game.

EDIT since I apparently have to make this clear: I am not advocating for punishing hook suiciding. If hook suiciding just wasn't possible at all in the first place, then there is nothing to punish. Example of what I mean:

@SuzuKR said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212857#Comment_3212857

By not having a system that can facilitate something like that in the first place:

  1. Rework self-unhook mechanic so it cannot immediately force stage 2. There’s a huge variety of ways this could be done in any sort of mix and match or with other compensation. A few examples:
    1. The 3 attempts no longer penalize time. The 3 attempts are risk-free. Luck/Slippery Meat reworked/base % chance reworked if or as necessary.
    2. Only 1 chance instead of 3 (-20s X 1 instead of X 3).
    3. Self-unhook attempt is only unlocked in certain situations or with active Deliverance and Luck/Slippery Meat are reworked.
  2. Struggle phase skillchecks only affect Bloodpoints. Can no longer ignore 2 consecutive checks or fail 3 checks to die. Maybe a Give Up option if only 1 other survivor is alive, for attempt at hatch. But no other situation.

For example, 1a + 2 = A survivor literally cannot force their own hook timer to go faster. Hook suicide would be literally impossible outside of trying to give hatch in last 2 scenario.

Comments

  • i refuse to play a match i dont want to play, if dying on first hook is ever punishable i will gladly quit the game for good lol.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216880#Comment_3216880

    If you can create a algorithm and code they can use that works at a 95% success rate you should apply for a job with them, but the real question is if you can do it better why aren't you making games ? That would be easy money if you had the know how to be that accurate

    I work for a hospital and make software for them. I make a lot of money doing that. I also make games with Unreal Engine in my free time because I enjoy building things. :)

    I don't think Behavior Interactive can afford to pay me.

1 … 3 4 5 ›