Let's Not Repeat Boil Over/RPD Fiasco Please

One of the items I haven't seen people mention is the potential for hook abuse. One of the tools that survivors have is strongly influencing where they go down. I do use this to buy time for my team on gens and another thing I do if possible is, if a teammate died in a corner or bad hook location, I go to that area when I'm about to go down.

That way, I can usually wiggle free. I fully and 100% accept that I will very likely be spending time in a corner at some point and may be bled out. Leaving me slugged there is the counter.

With the UB basekit change this counter will no longer be viable. This, I feel, is as unfair to the Killer as the old Boil Over No Mither squads on old RPD.

In my opinion, what should also be looked at is not having hooks break upon death. This will kill my strategy dead but the other option is having more hooks which would nerf Boil Over Flip Flop builds. Also, in my opinion the person who is not using perks should be the person who loses something instead of someone who did use a perk.

If my prediction is true, and I think the Boil Over RPD era shows it would be taken advantage of, then I would prefer a minor change such as hooks not breaking on death over a possible overreaction that might nerf a perk such as Breakdown (which might actually become useful again).

Comments

  • Agreed. I think hooks should still break for a little while after a sacrifice, but it should not be permanent anymore. If a survivor intentionally runs to a hook deadzone there won’t be anything you can do about it.

  • Hooks should respawn eventually

    It's a very archaic mechanic that serves no purpose in modern DBD, I'm not even sure what purpose it served in old DBD

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Agreed. I think hooks should still break for a little while after a sacrifice, but it should not be permanent anymore. If a survivor intentionally runs to a hook deadzone there won’t be anything you can do about it.

    Definitely. I run to those zones for that reason. Right now, it feels fair as a strategic move and it requires another survivor to pick me up, which is a significant time hit but if I can just pick myself up multiple times in an unhookable location that feels cheap and not fair.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Hooks should respawn eventually

    It's a very archaic mechanic that serves no purpose in modern DBD, I'm not even sure what purpose it served in old DBD

    i think it comes from survivor objective. when survivor complete their objective, the generator can no longer be interacted with. They just applied that same logic that when killer finishes their objective, the hook is disappears which is fine because slugging was fair counter-play but with base-kit unbreakable. DBD is certainly going in an interesting direction.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201777#Comment_3201777

    i think it comes from survivor objective. when survivor complete their objective, the generator can no longer be interacted with. They just applied that same logic that when killer finishes their objective, the hook is disappears which is fine because slugging was fair counter-play but with base-kit unbreakable. DBD is certainly going in an interesting direction.

    Sure, that makes sense and I can see the logic.

    but paired with BHVRs modern map design and perks it's... Yeah. A problem

    Like they got rid of RPD's library (It should've never been open in the first place tbh) purely for stuff like this.