Cheaters Advertising

This has become quite a big topic in conversation lately.

Many players reporting many cheaters in matches causing issues for them. Instant gens, constant blow ups around the map, flying, screaming, all of the above at 200% speed... It's utterly obnoxious.

Being in solo queue, getting trapped in a match with a group of cheaters is the worst. Especially if they're stream sniping. Like man, I'm just tryna finish some gens and get out.. I don't want to be a part of your shenanigans.

And now, with SpookyLoopz, Otzdarva and more all taking a stand on this, I'm really glad it's being brought to light.

Will this guarantee anything? Absolutely not. If you've been on DBD long enough, you know it's a struggle to get the proper changes we all want. What makes it worse is when you/me, a non game developer, has FULL KNOWLEDGE on different ways this can be resolved. Many games have amazing Anti-Cheat systems. While not perfect, there are other measures to take which have been thoroughly discussed on here.

Now, why I even chose to finally make an account and speak up, is because I'm literally getting cheaters popping up on my TIKTOK feeds now.

Came across one clip on TikTok, guy was playing Demo and had HATCHETS. Could see where survivors were on the map, instant hits with hatchets from 200+ ft IN THE AIR, and then just randomly teleports to where the two survivors were healing and downed them both, one fell off a platform and ended up falling into what looked like a never ending abyss. His profile was specifically advertising a site for DBD cheats. AND HE STILL. IS. ACTIVE. ON. DBD

I made reports, and nothing came of it. Watching people think it's incredibly comedic and saying there was nothing wrong with it baffled me. If i was in that match, I'd be thinking my game was malfunctioning or something, and probably have a panic attack. I'm just a normal player (attempting to stream here and there) so even if it was me, it's whatever. But creators like SpookyLoopz, who I'm subscribed to on Twitch because I WANT TO WATCH HIS GAMEPLAY, and instead I watch a 2 hour stream of him being held hostage and tormented by cheaters, TWICE IN A MATTER OF DAYS. These creators rely on this game, and us to make money, and these cheaters are legitimately stealing from them, because they'd prefer to try and get money themselves. In reality, every stream I've seen of someone being held hostage, not ONE viewer is interested in the cheats at all. Everyone is utterly disgusted and shames the cheaters the whole time. It's not a great sale tactic, it's just obnoxious.

I came back to his game after a few years once I switched to PC, and it is my pride and joy. But things like this are ONE of the reasons why people make fun of it and say the community is "toxic". I don't want 600 hours of gameplay in 6 months to go to waste, but this just isn't fair. It's truly soul crushing at this point for everyone to be SCREAMING at BHVR "HEY, DO SOMETHING" and being ignored for them to be tweeting about a new office in Toronto or "HEY HELP US WITH OUR NEXT COMMUNITY EVENT".

Comments

  • Did you have video evidence of him cheating in your games? If not, they will trash your report. I started recording my game sessions just in case, not guaranteeing though that reporting with evidence will do anything. Also promoting cheats outside of the forums or the game is out of their control. Luckily I never come across cheaters, I have encountered maybe 3 in my 4-5 years of playing this game, maybe I am just a lucky one.

  • @My_Aespa said:

    Did you have video evidence of him cheating in your games? If not, they will trash your report. I started recording my game sessions just in case, not guaranteeing though that reporting with evidence will do anything. Also promoting cheats outside of the forums or the game is out of their control. Luckily I never come across cheaters, I have encountered maybe 3 in my 4-5 years of playing this game, maybe I am just a lucky one.

    It wasn't my game I saw that in, it was the cheater himself posting the video on TikTok to advertise his cheats.

  • BHVR does not care about cheaters.

  • @Courtneyscissorhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201262#Comment_3201262

    It wasn't my game I saw that in, it was the cheater himself posting the video on TikTok to advertise his cheats.

    The devs state in the reporting rules that when you report someone else's clip or it's on another platform, they will just trash it. It has to be a clip of your game happening to you or a match that you were in. So unfortunately, your reports probably weren't even looked at. ๐Ÿ˜•

    These are quotes from their game rules: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    NOTE:ย We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.

    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to their respective authorities.

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.

    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.

    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

  • @My_Aespa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201266#Comment_3201266

    The devs state in the reporting rules that when you report someone else's clip or it's on another platform, they will just trash it. It has to be a clip of your game happening to you or a match that you were in. So unfortunately, your reports probably weren't even looked at. ๐Ÿ˜•

    These are quotes from their game rules: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    NOTE:ย We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.

    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to their respective authorities.

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.

    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.

    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    That's disappointing, cause it's seeing cheaters advertising everywhere now and still being in game that's so annoying and frustrating.

    Thanks for the clarification.