With the upcoming self-recovery changes, hooks should not be permanently destroyed on sacrifice

Currently if a survivor or two is dead and there is an area of the map without any available hooks, a survivor can take advantage of this and run to this area to avoid a hook. The killer can counter this by bleeding them out for 4 minutes. It’s not fun, but it’s the only option they have in that scenario.

However, with survivors gaining the ability to fully recover on their own, this will no longer be possible. If you want to encourage killers not to slug, fair enough, but it needs to be possible to actually hook people.

I wouldn’t mind if hooks were still temporarily gone for a bit after a sacrifice, but it is no longer fair for it to be permanent with these changes.

Comments

  • The changes which they are adding are not good or healthy for the game in any way. People will simply not slug, effectively removing an entire style of play and the perks which effect it.

    The correct course of action here, is to listen to the players. Do not add this.

    Instead, work on things that will improve the health of the game. Work to reduce hacking. Work on a solution for survivors who kill themselves. These problems are ruining the game.

    This announcement purely demonstrates Behaviour’s disconnect with the community.

  • If behaviour’s goal is to get people to trigger more Moris, forcing the Mori and removing player agency is not the answer.

    If you want more moris, give more perks to trigger them. Give us more mori animations.

    But do these things after you fix the real problems. Hacking. Please. Please.

  • I think Hangmans Trick should get back it's "bring back permanently destroyed hooks" ability to the perk. I think it would be a good buff to an ignored perk. I would be ok with basekit broken hooks from sacrifice returning as long as they are gone for an extended time and Hangmans brings them back faster. Killers should have to be aware of what resources they are using so they need to strategize atleast a little when it comes to hooking survivors but with anti-slugging I can see it causing a lose/lose if a survivor suicides or is left there for 2 minutes by teammates causing a dead zone that could've otherwise been avoided.

  • These changes require a tiny bit more macro gameplay decisions from killer. Since micro has been buffed so effectively through 6.1.0 this is more than fair. If a killer burns their corner hook killing a survivor early they must accept that cost that the lack of hooks provided. Nothing is stopping killers from hooking as close to the center as possible when they know it is death hook.

  • @mizark3 said:

    These changes require a tiny bit more macro gameplay decisions from killer. Since micro has been buffed so effectively through 6.1.0 this is more than fair. If a killer burns their corner hook killing a survivor early they must accept that cost that the lack of hooks provided. Nothing is stopping killers from hooking as close to the center as possible when they know it is death hook.

    You say this like the killer always has a choice on where to hook a survivor.

    If a killer sees someone sabotaging a hook closer to the center in that situation, expecting them to not use another hook available in a corner to them on the chance that it might be a problem later is silly. Permanent hook destruction on sacrifice was never a good mechanic to begin with and it’s outdated. This change will just make it even more of an issue since it no longer has any counter in the event that it actually becomes an issue.

    @bm33 said:

    I think Hangmans Trick should get back it's "bring back permanently destroyed hooks" ability to the perk. I think it would be a good buff to an ignored perk. I would be ok with basekit broken hooks from sacrifice returning as long as they are gone for an extended time and Hangmans brings them back faster. Killers should have to be aware of what resources they are using so they need to strategize atleast a little when it comes to hooking survivors but with anti-slugging I can see it causing a lose/lose if a survivor suicides or is left there for 2 minutes by teammates causing a dead zone that could've otherwise been avoided.

    I think that’s fine. I’m completely okay with them still being destroyed for a little while as long as it’s not for the rest of the match, so as to still keep some sort of strategy element there especially in regards to scourge hook management. And hangman’s trick needed a buff regardless of these changes.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201520#Comment_3201520

    You say this like the killer always has a choice on where to hook a survivor.

    If a killer sees someone sabotaging a hook closer to the center in that situation, expecting them to not use another hook available in a corner to them on the chance that it might be a problem later is silly. Permanent hook destruction on sacrifice was never a good mechanic to begin with and it’s outdated. This change will just make it even more of an issue since it no longer has any counter in the event that it actually becomes an issue.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201494#Comment_3201494

    I think that’s fine. I’m completely okay with them still being destroyed for a little while as long as it’s not for the rest of the match, so as to still keep some sort of strategy element there especially in regards to scourge hook management. And hangman’s trick needed a buff regardless of these changes.

    In the vast majority of circumstances they do have that choice. If they are moving from the center they typically have ~3 hooks to choose from. I don't understand why so many players are so afraid of Sabo Survivors. It is an action with its own set of risks and rewards, as opposed to the typically more optimal stealth and solo gens. When I am a Killer and run into the Sabo Survs I know how to play around them and know that they typically gifted me a free win more often than not.

    To use that same logic of an early corner kill, a Killer could defend a random gen opposed to a potential 3 gen. That would be from the Killer failing to make sufficient macro gameplay decisions in order to properly increase their odds of winning. That includes dropping a Survivor and taking the 45s slug instead of hooking sub-optimally. Just as I let the random gen pop to protect my 3 gen, I let the Survivor live for now to ensure I can kill more later.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201520#Comment_3201520

    You say this like the killer always has a choice on where to hook a survivor.

    If a killer sees someone sabotaging a hook closer to the center in that situation, expecting them to not use another hook available in a corner to them on the chance that it might be a problem later is silly. Permanent hook destruction on sacrifice was never a good mechanic to begin with and it’s outdated. This change will just make it even more of an issue since it no longer has any counter in the event that it actually becomes an issue.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201494#Comment_3201494

    I think that’s fine. I’m completely okay with them still being destroyed for a little while as long as it’s not for the rest of the match, so as to still keep some sort of strategy element there especially in regards to scourge hook management. And hangman’s trick needed a buff regardless of these changes.

    I think if they had the hooks broken for 3 minutes like current Breakdown that'd be good. That's 2 gens worth of time for a hook to be broken - long enough to make Hangmans Trick (if buffed) worth running and threatening enough for killers to consider where they are hooking someone to avoid temporary dead zone but avoids possibility of permanent dead zone.

  • Alright, had to watch the boy Pebs.

    Al I gotta say is just why...