Speculation on changes
I'm unsure what to think about the proposed changes. Here are potential implications:
(a) Giving hatch to the last survivor may be dead. Quite often survivors can't tell that a Killer is trying to give them hatch so the Killer downs them and brings them to Hatch to save time. This will now lead to a Mori. The Killer probably won't run around half the map just so the survivor figures out they're not being hit; it's very frustrating for the Killer.
(b) Using Adrenaline to pick yourself up when the hatch is closed is gone.
(c) If the Killer is slugging everyone then it is now better to pick yourself up fast rather than wait for the Killer to pick someone up and then finish your Unbreakable
(d) A common alternative strategy to using camping or tunneling to apply pressure is to slug. This currently ties up two survivors. Will this change unintentionally create more tunneling and camping?
(e) The incentive to pick someone up after being slugged is now gone for survivors. Why not just stay on the generator now? WGLF will probably become even more niche now
(f) I'm unconvinced this will cause the concerns about slugging to disappear. If the Killer cannot find the other of two survivors to prevent hatch in 45 seconds the slugged survivor would have been picked up anyway (unless their teammate chose not to). A bleed out option might have been more useful for helping someone get hatch.
(g) Similarly, instead of being able to use Unbreakable for a clutch play against a certain someone who uses Starstruck to great effect the problem is the someone being able to get so many downs in so short a time witb that perk. This might not help as much as thought
(h) On the positive side though it does give teams a base chance if they do last at least 45 seconds
(i) This change seems overly punishing to the Twins as Charlotte takes a DS level stun just waking up and then physically has to walk over to hook
(j) On the bright side, no more lying down on the ground for four minutes because someone had a bad day
(k) Sabo builds might become more useful
I'm not sure how this will turn out. There are positives but there might also be some unintentional negatives and I don't think the Twins needed to be made even less appealing. What do you think?
Comments
The other item I almost forgot is that hook spawns and the hook breaking permanently will have to be revisited. I completely admit I use this strategy but if a Killer sacrifices someone by a corner then when I'm about to go down I run for the corner.
I can generally wiggle out after. The counter is to let me lie there and bleed. I don't mind if I bleed out there; it's 100% one of the risks I take by doing that.
However, if I can just pick myself back up continually, the risk almost disappears and, once a SWF figures out which corner, they'll just all run there.
This would not be fair to the Killer. Either hooks should stop breaking on death or they will need to come closer. I prefer not breaking as moving hooks closer together is a nerf to the Boil Over Flip Flop builds.