Saboteur

It's a really good perk now that it says where scourge hooks are or if they're in the match at all. I don't need to constantly look if a survivor is getting hooked, leave the gen, make it lose 15% even if I leave the gen, and prevent getting locked out from dead man's switch. I wonder why nobody runs this perk, even for info without getting worried about scourge hooks, pain resonance in particular.

Comments

  • I'm also a little surprised more survivors don't run Breakdown since that's a direct counter to Pain Resonance and other Scourge Hook perks. Unless you're a god like runner you're going to get hooked once or twice per match probably and if the killer is running Pain Resonance those will be on Scourge Hooks. But if the Scourge Hook is removed for 3 minutes every time someone is rescued from it that could quickly leave the killer with no good Scourge Hooks for a good portion of the match, especially if multiple survivor ran it.

    Mind you, Breakdown isn't nearly as good if the killer has no Scourge Hooks. But Pain Resonance is right now the most popular killer perk by a pretty good margin so there's a pretty decent chance you'd get value from Breakdown (probably).

  • @dugman said:

    I'm also a little surprised more survivors don't run Breakdown since that's a direct counter to Pain Resonance and other Scourge Hook perks. Unless you're a god like runner you're going to get hooked once or twice per match probably and if the killer is running Pain Resonance those will be on Scourge Hooks. But if the Scourge Hook is removed for 3 minutes every time someone is rescued from it that could quickly leave the killer with no good Scourge Hooks for a good portion of the match, especially if multiple survivor ran it.

    Mind you, Breakdown isn't nearly as good if the killer has no Scourge Hooks. But Pain Resonance is right now the most popular killer perk by a pretty good margin so there's a pretty decent chance you'd get value from Breakdown (probably).

    Yeah you're right. I may run breakdown too at this point. No scourge for killer 😎

  • I recently started equipping Saboteur because I was getting sick of Pain Resonance and what do you know, as soon as I equipped it killers stopped running PR or any scourge perk. Out of roughly 30-40 games, a scourge hook perk was only used in 2-3. It's bad luck I guess but this is why I laugh when people say ######### like "don't like [blank]? Just run [blank]."

  • @dugman said:

    I'm also a little surprised more survivors don't run Breakdown since that's a direct counter to Pain Resonance and other Scourge Hook perks. Unless you're a god like runner you're going to get hooked once or twice per match probably and if the killer is running Pain Resonance those will be on Scourge Hooks. But if the Scourge Hook is removed for 3 minutes every time someone is rescued from it that could quickly leave the killer with no good Scourge Hooks for a good portion of the match, especially if multiple survivor ran it.

    Mind you, Breakdown isn't nearly as good if the killer has no Scourge Hooks. But Pain Resonance is right now the most popular killer perk by a pretty good margin so there's a pretty decent chance you'd get value from Breakdown (probably).

    I run breakdown every match and even if they don't have scourge hooks, it’s very easy to create a deadzone if you know the map. 3 whole minutes of a broken hook is insane.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I recently started equipping Saboteur because I was getting sick of Pain Resonance and what do you know, as soon as I equipped it killers stopped running PR or any scourge perk. Out of roughly 30-40 games, a scourge hook perk was only used in 2-3. It's bad luck I guess but this is why I laugh when people say ######### like "don't like [blank]? Just run [blank]."

    Yeah this seems to be the luck of the draw with perks like that. Run shattered hope and you’ll never see a boon, run unbreakable and they’ll never slug, run an item and they bring franklins. Its amazing