Eruption + pain resonance makes rage quits?

Was playing dredge and I was running Eruption and Pain resonance with BBQ.

I managed to gain some good momentum where I was downing people consistently in a scourge area but the match was still a close one.

A Dwight was consistently trying to fight for a gen in the middle of the map that was close to finishing. I kept putting eruption on that gen as a result as you would. And pain resonance was going off on that gen. If I was far away, BBQ told me he's on that gen when eruption doesn't. He was the best looper so I did prioritise the other weaker teammates as weak survivors can still get gens done efficiently. As well as with the momentum and his refusal to leave that gen I could keep punishing him with eruption and PR.

So I downed a Claudette. Eruption hit him but I could see with BBQ he was still standing on the gen. I downed a Mikaela and put her on a scourge and PR made the gen go off and I heard him scream. I decided to go to him and as I got there he was just staring at the gen and then DC'd as I approached.

For some reason he had a massive fixation on that gen which was under heavy pressure from me. As opposed to going elsewhere. He did also text me on the DC telling me to end my own life and that I was an #########.

It was a bizarre experience, but I kept the build as I liked it and it worked well only to have even more DCs in other games. With more abuse as well.

Apparently this is considered toxic behaviour. But I'm not using it to be toxic I'm using it as it just worked very well.is this a controversial combination?

Comments

  • Eruption is just straight up overtuned with how long the incapacitated duration last. I can certainly understand why a survivor might rage quit over it. Though doesn't justify the message you received.

    You're in no fault for running the perk. It's up to the devs to actually address the issue by nerfing the perk.

  • There’s no current toxic combination. Some people are just poor losers. My advice is to learn to recognize when you’re dealing with someone being sour and then deciding the path you want to take.

    I say there’s two paths when choosing to respond:

    1. Path of empathy. Tell them that you’re sorry they’re having a tough time. Or
    2. Path of fun. Call them out on being sore gamers, tell them you’re not changing your perks, and that you hope you see them again soon.

    Up to you bud.

  • @Crowman said:

    Eruption is just straight up overtuned with how long the incapacitated duration last. I can certainly understand why a survivor might rage quit over it. Though doesn't justify the message you received.

    You're in no fault for running the perk. It's up to the devs to actually address the issue by nerfing the perk.

    Yeah, Eruption is ridiculous. Incapacitated shouldn't be a thing, period. It should at least time out after 30 seconds or so on that gen if they insist on leaving a zero counterplay effect like regression+Incapacitated

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3197260#Comment_3197260

    Yeah, Eruption is ridiculous. Incapacitated shouldn't be a thing, period. It should at least time out after 30 seconds or so on that gen if they insist on leaving a zero counterplay effect like regression+Incapacitated

    I think Incapacitated is generally fine outside of Eruption.

    Pinhead and Twins power inflicting the status is fine as chains and victor are not meant to be things to easily ignore.

    Huntress has an addon that inflicts it for 5 seconds which is fine, because the duration is short and it mostly just counters using a styptic mid-chase.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3197283#Comment_3197283

    I think Incapacitated is generally fine outside of Eruption.

    Pinhead and Twins power inflicting the status is fine as chains and victor are not meant to be things to easily ignore.

    Huntress has an addon that inflicts it for 5 seconds which is fine, because the duration is short and it mostly just counters using a styptic mid-chase.

    I'm more ok with it when I have a choice with it i.e. toss Victor or hold him. But it's crazy when it's an effect caused by another teammate going down after a killer kicked a gen that I happen to be currently working on. You get put in timeout for 25 seconds because you were on a gen.

  • No, you just got a salty person and, as you said, the easiest counter was just going to a different gen then what you were expecting. Unless, of course, it was a 3 gen situation but in that case all that happened was the survivors had already lost on the macro strategy level and the micro strategy level was just catching up. Still not controversial at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3197286#Comment_3197286

    I'm more ok with it when I have a choice with it i.e. toss Victor or hold him. But it's crazy when it's an effect caused by another teammate going down after a killer kicked a gen that I happen to be currently working on. You get put in timeout for 25 seconds because you were on a gen.

    This. I really hope they take a look at that perk. I'm not expecting much though.

  • Eruption should only be applied once per gen, just like Tinkerer.

  • I will not blame them ...this stupid perk can be extremely infuriating!