7 gens done in one match

This is the challenge:

immagine_2022-09-19_161611170.png

I got 7 gens done in one match, according to this. I find interesting the way this challenge works. It counts the 2 extra gens that get automatically completed on the map once you complete the requested 5.

Comments

  • Its fixing the equivalent of gens not a single gen on itself.

    You can fix one gen to 99%, then the Killer comes, kicks it, regresses to 0%, you fix it to 99% again and you will have progressed the challenge by almost 2 gens because you fixed the equivalent of almost 2 gens.

    EDIT: My bad, I read the challenge the wrong way, what I wrote doesnt apply to it, yes its weird it counts the gens powered when the gates get powered.

  • Honestly, this seems like a bug. Nobody is really repairing those gens, they just finish whenever the fifth is completed.

  • I mean, as long as it gets fixed.... :P

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Honestly, this seems like a bug. Nobody is really repairing those gens, they just finish whenever the fifth is completed.

    My guess is that if other survivors are in the repair action on the other gens when the final gen is completed and those gens get auto-completed, it counts those gens as being finished by those survivors.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195434#Comment_3195434

    My guess is that if other survivors are in the repair action on the other gens when the final gen is completed and those gens get auto-completed, it counts those gens as being finished by those survivors.

    That actually sounds pretty likely tbh. I wonder if it's been that way forever or this is a recent thing? With BHVR and their spaghetti code either is completely believable.