How can I delete my forum account/why can't I switch my name?

So I tried to make an alternate account because it doesn't allow me to change my name on here and this name is old and unused by me. So I thought "hey let's just delete this one and make it new" but that's not possible. Then I made another e-mail and the account got banned bc "alternate accounts aren't allowed" I just want to change my bloody name ffs, why is this so difficult? Can a mod just delete my account or something?

Comments

  • It’s probably to keep people who have been banned from simply easily coming back with a new name.

  • if you want to change your name Im pretty sure you can comment on one of the mods profiles to request name change

  • @dugman said:

    It’s probably to keep people who have been banned from simply easily coming back with a new name.

    But there isn't even someone I can talk to. There's no support ticket system here

  • @Shroompy said:

    if you want to change your name Im pretty sure you can comment on one of the mods profiles to request name change

    Like mandy?

  • In the Forum Rules tab there’s a section that says you can change your name once per account and it has a link

    Sometimes you need to switch things up. We get that. We offer everyone a one time opportunity to change their name. Please note that your name change is final. You will not be able to switch back to your original name, and you will not be able to switch to another new name. This is for a few reasons: Name changes are not…


  • The reason for the name change rule is because Vanilla prevents multiple users from sharing a name, and any name ever entered is permanently stored and unable to be used by any other member. This includes previous, changed names (and banned users).

    If you want your name changed, or your account permanently deleted, contact a moderator (who'll get you in contact with Mandy) or Mandy herself.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    The reason for the name change rule is because Vanilla prevents multiple users from sharing a name, and any name ever entered is permanently stored and unable to be used by any other member. This includes previous, changed names (and banned users).

    If you want your name changed, or your account permanently deleted, contact a moderator (who'll get you in contact with Mandy) or Mandy herself.

    thx